New Hampshire - No Sales Tax

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm taking delivery of my Model 3 from Dedham, MA. I live in New Hampshire and the vehicle will be registered in NH. On the online portal, I still see a sales tax being applied. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that owners are to pay a sales tax in the state in which the vehicle will be registered. NH does not have a sales tax and as such, I have contacted my delivery advisor a few times to get this taken care of, and he has not addressed it yet. Any other NH or non-sales tax state owners have any advice? Thank you.

Also - I don't have the option of home delivery to NH as I live within 160 miles of a service center.

back51

Country
Country
I think it’s been asked before in this thread regarding NH and Mass. due to delivery being in mass, I think that state applies a tax even if it’s not registered.

Search the forum. It’s out there.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thank you - I will ask for a home delivery then. It is quite frustrating as they are very slow to reply to messages and have not even acknowledged the tax issue at all. I will ask for a home delivery.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Very frustrating! I would call and voicemail is full. I would e-mail and only occasionally get a limited response. I think about 2 weeks of delay on their part just in paperwork. My car sat in Dedham for those 2 weeks. The trade-in was delayed by 5 days. The contract, a simple form, was delayed for 5 days.

I also had the tax showing up online which took a few days to magically go away on the website. So they will rectify that. They know how to deliver to NH.

I also had to make full payment about 1 week before delivery. Large down payment by me, a loan for the rest. Bank and myself gave the money 1 week before I got the car. A bit of a leap of faith!

Required to get temporary plates which is a bit of pain at the DMV due to waiting.

That's all in the past now.

The car is incredible. Very happy right now.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does anyone know if I have to go to Dedham in person first to sign some paperwork before getting the car delivered at my house? I have a delivery appointment this weekend in MA and I asked my delivery advisor who has yet to reply...