New EV01 wheels revealed

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

Ian....hard to tell from the photos. How much clearance is there between the barrel and the OEM brake calipers on the P3D+, have you measured yet? Particularly the rears as you know are tighter. Can you snap a few pics at your leisure?
Thanks My Friend!:)

Ski

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

Ian....hard to tell from the photos. How much clearance is there between the barrel and the OEM brake calipers on the P3D+, have you measured yet? Particularly the rears as you know are tighter. Can you snap a few pics at your leisure?
Thanks My Friend!:)

Ski
I can do better than that, let me pull the 3D data from my files tomorrow and I’ll give you the precise number.

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you for the reply. In late October will all wheel sizes be available? If not what's the roll out (so to speak) plan? Thx.
For Model 3 the only size available this fall will be the 18x8.5. If the wheel is well received and demand is there we hope to be able to launch a 19x8.5 and 20x8.5 sometime next spring.
The 16" and 17" sizes for other EV models should arrive sometime in November.

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

No rush!!! I know you’re Slightly busy!;)

Ski
Little bit :)

Clearance between rear caliper and barrel at the closest point is 3.4 mm. Note that this is near the center of the barrel and there's a lot more room on either end, so adhesive balancing weights have lots of clearance.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For Model 3 the only size available this fall will be the 18x8.5. If the wheel is well received and demand is there we hope to be able to launch a 19x8.5 and 20x8.5 sometime next spring.
The 16" and 17" sizes for other EV models should arrive sometime in November.
Dang, I was hoping you would say 18x9.5 for a set of track rims. They look great!

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country