New EV01 wheels revealed

• JOIN @TREVP AND SOME T.O.O. CREW FOR THE FIRST EVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT AT BASECAMP MIAMI!
    THE LARGEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT ON THE EAST COAST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8th!
    Full details and RSVP here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

Ian....hard to tell from the photos. How much clearance is there between the barrel and the OEM brake calipers on the P3D+, have you measured yet? Particularly the rears as you know are tighter. Can you snap a few pics at your leisure?
Thanks My Friend!:)

Ski

Mad Hungarian

Resident TOO Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

Ian....hard to tell from the photos. How much clearance is there between the barrel and the OEM brake calipers on the P3D+, have you measured yet? Particularly the rears as you know are tighter. Can you snap a few pics at your leisure?
Thanks My Friend!:)

Ski
I can do better than that, let me pull the 3D data from my files tomorrow and I’ll give you the precise number.

rrollens

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Late October.
Canadian MSRP with inserts is $ 339.99 CAN, expect the "street" selling price to be somewhere in the mid two hundred range.
Thank you for the reply. In late October will all wheel sizes be available? If not what's the roll out (so to speak) plan? Thx.

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you for the reply. In late October will all wheel sizes be available? If not what's the roll out (so to speak) plan? Thx.
For Model 3 the only size available this fall will be the 18x8.5. If the wheel is well received and demand is there we hope to be able to launch a 19x8.5 and 20x8.5 sometime next spring.
The 16" and 17" sizes for other EV models should arrive sometime in November.

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

No rush!!! I know you’re Slightly busy!;)

Ski
Little bit :)

Clearance between rear caliper and barrel at the closest point is 3.4 mm. Note that this is near the center of the barrel and there's a lot more room on either end, so adhesive balancing weights have lots of clearance.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For Model 3 the only size available this fall will be the 18x8.5. If the wheel is well received and demand is there we hope to be able to launch a 19x8.5 and 20x8.5 sometime next spring.
The 16" and 17" sizes for other EV models should arrive sometime in November.
Dang, I was hoping you would say 18x9.5 for a set of track rims. They look great!

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country