New EV01 wheels revealed

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian please chime in on the details but the new EV01 wheels by Fastco are finally real!

Ian sent me some pictures of his car sporting them and I have to say they look amazing! They’re a direct alternative to the Tesla Aero wheels and they weight the same including the aero inserts as the bare Aero wheels WITHOUT the caps!

35743cfc-9655-4954-bf3b-9c9985301fe1-jpeg.28458
ec66989f-f4dc-448a-9fdf-85b497ad7b05-jpeg.28459
2146e814-cc01-47ed-b6e2-cb6f67a93b77-jpeg.28460
ec09a2b3-2cf1-48f5-8cf1-ce4a1b9e933a-jpeg.28463

Last edited:

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

Looks like a P3D. I’m assuming those EV01’s are 18”? What is your energy use (Watts per mile) on average with those EV01’s with and without the inserts on?

Ski

PEIEVGUY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

Looks like a P3D. I’m assuming those EV01’s are 18”? What is your energy use (Watts per mile) on average with those EV01’s with and without the inserts on?

Ski
I was going to ask the same thing.

so @Mad Hungarian Are these wheels for strictly for Performance Models, or will they fit for those of us with humble LRs and SR+ cars? lol

How about using EV01s for winter tire usage? Or would that be overkill?

I would also like to know some stats on efficiency with these beauties on!

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think he literally just put them on today. Patience grasshopper. ;)
Correct! They've traveled a whole 400 yards so far, from our PD garage to the giant tent festival out back for the company's big 30th Anniversary Open House Gala (talk about Just-In-Time-Arrival :))

But aero testing is scheduled this coming week at PMG, Transport Canada's main test facility, on their huge 4 mile high speed oval.
@TrevP is coming down to assist with Test Driver duties as well as to document the whole thing for an upcoming special TOO channel episode.
Fingers crossed that the weather holds!

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was going to ask the same thing.

so @Mad Hungarian Are these wheels for strictly for Performance Models, or will they fit for those of us with humble LRs and SR+ cars? lol

How about using EV01s for winter tire usage? Or would that be overkill?

I would also like to know some stats on efficiency with these beauties on!
The same wheel will fit both standard and Performance Model 3's, we have both regular 64.1 center bore version for non-PUO and a stepped-bore 70.2/64.1 version for PUO cars.
They also take the OEM Tesla lugs and center caps :)

And they were fully engineered with winter use in mind, as that's really when you want to squeeze every last mile out of the battery!

rrollens

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The same wheel will fit both standard and Performance Model 3's, we have both regular 64.1 center bore version for non-PUO and a stepped-bore 70.2/64.1 version for PUO cars.
They also take the OEM Tesla lugs and center caps :)

And they were fully engineered with winter use in mind, as that's really when you want to squeeze every last mile out of the battery!
Nice. So, when and how much?

Mesprit87

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice!
I wouldn't say that usually but I wish I had been driving on the 40 at that time;)
The other portion of this highway is elevated and probably one of the most congested road in Montréal...
Can't wait to see them in the wild, these will get popular fast.
Anyone looking for a set of fast wheels twist?:)

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice!
I wouldn't say that usually but I wish I had been driving on the 40 at that time;)
The other portion of this highway is elevated and probably one of the most congested road in Montréal...
Can't wait to see them in the wild, these will get popular fast.
Anyone looking for a set of fast wheels twist?:)
Fooled you! That was actually the 13 North between Samson and the 440.
I actually had nabbed a better clip on the 40 just a few minutes earlier but as I transitioned to film the right side my boss called and the phone stopped recording.
Both he and Ms. Mad were REALLY confused when it rang inside Magneto and she answered, as I had forgot to deactivate my Bluetooth (the distance that the Model 3 will still pick up my phone when following in another car is really surprising).