Question New battery n V3 charging

• JOIN @TREVP AND SOME T.O.O. CREW FOR THE FIRST EVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT AT BASECAMP MIAMI!
    THE LARGEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT ON THE EAST COAST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8th!
    Full details and RSVP here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I'm ready to buy an X or S but I'm afraid that I'm going to buy today and the next gen of battery and V3 charging will be announced tomorrow leaving my new tesla obsolete. Any one have an idea when the new technology will be available?

Silvermagic3

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It’s always hard to know when the next big thing is coming with Tesla. The latest big update was the “Raven” which came out pretty recent (~6 months ago), which was an updated front motor and air suspension. The current models also can charge at 200+ kWh so they are Supercharger v3 compatible, but aren’t quite at the 250 kWh that the long range 3s are getting. Since the cars only get those higher kW for such a short time, in the real world it’s not a big difference. The next big thing that we know of is the “Plaid” powertrain, which if you’re looking for the highest end Model S, have $150k to spend and can wait a year, then that’s probably worth waiting for. Otherwise, there really isn’t any evidence or rumors of some big update coming in the next year. Yeah, we’ve hear of an interior update coming, but Elon has said it isn’t, and there’s no real timeline on that. I also think there are lot of people that prefer the dual screen setup for the current S & X over the one screen in the 3. Good luck. [removed]

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm ready to buy an X or S but I'm afraid that I'm going to buy today and the next gen of battery and V3 charging will be announced tomorrow leaving my new tesla obsolete. Any one have an idea when the new technology will be available?
no. Tesla does not announce any major changes coming until it essentially is ready to roll out of the factory. But that said, a car bought today will be far from obsolete anytime in the near future

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
An original Tesla Model X P90D is still a kick-butt vehicle, even though it now has an "older" battery that is no longer offered. I suggest taking a look at some X P90D prices to help calm your fears about exactly what it will mean when a newer battery is introduced.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
It’s always hard to know when the next big thing is coming with Tesla. The latest big update was the “Raven” which came out pretty recent (~6 months ago), which was an updated front motor and air suspension. The current models also can charge at 200+ kWh so they are Supercharger v3 compatible, but aren’t quite at the 250 kWh that the long range 3s are getting. Since the cars only get those higher kW for such a short time, in the real world it’s not a big difference. The next big thing that we know of is the “Plaid” powertrain, which if you’re looking for the highest end Model S, have $150k to spend and can wait a year, then that’s probably worth waiting for. Otherwise, there really isn’t any evidence or rumors of some big update coming in the next year. Yeah, we’ve hear of an interior update coming, but Elon has said it isn’t, and there’s no real timeline on that. I also think there are lot of people that prefer the dual screen setup for the current S & X over the one screen in the 3. Good luck. [removed]
Thank you for this very detailed reply and the time you spent on the reply.