New and excited

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Randyman

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Just ordered a Model X LR. White paint and black/white interior. They say six weeks. I am thinking Nine weeks. Studying the ways all of you charge your batteries. Wow.
I will be reading this forum a lot and am very excited about this car. I have always had Cronic Vehicle Disorder bur never have I had so much blind confidence in a company like Tesla, to buy one.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just ordered a Model X LR. White paint and black/white interior. They say six weeks. I am thinking Nine weeks. Studying the ways all of you charge your batteries. Wow.
I will be reading this forum a lot and am very excited about this car. I have always had Cronic Vehicle Disorder bur never have I had so much blind confidence in a company like Tesla, to buy one.
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations! Hope the wait is closer to 6 weeks.

My parents live in the Portland area and also have an X. I'll let them know to be on the lookout when they drive through Gresham!

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'd stay closer to the Tesla estimate. As they start building US cars again, the pipelines will start filling.

Basically 3/4 options for charging.

• If your daily commute is less than about 40 miles per day, a standard 120V 15A plug will work fine.

If your commute is more, then L2 charging is required.

• The Tesla HPWC (wall charger) is nice and pretty
  • A NEMA 14-50 socket, with the correct adapter will allow a UMC (included with car) to charge. I got a second UMC just to stay plugged in at home, one stays in car.
  • A EVSE with a J-1772 plug can be used with the included adapter to charge as well.

Unless your commute is 200+ miles, any of the above will work fine. If greater than 200 miles, you will want to use the HPWC, as it charges a little faster.
All of the L2 chargers will need 60A service (there are some exceptions) and you will need the additional capacity to support it. If your service is 200A, then probably, if 100A then maybe, if less, then you are going to maybe be not be able for faster charging.

Randyman

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Thanks everyone. Hey I just love bloviating over something as exciting as the Tesla. I read a reference to an SR+. Is this a charger/rectifier? I would like to learn more. Thank you.

Tesla blue 3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I routed new #6 cable to the garage. Wall connector arrived yesterday. Today I will make up at the new breaker and install the wall charger. I am afraid then, I will be sitting in the garage with charging handle in hand, waiting for the Model X to arriv.
wait for the car before you use it please.

and welcome

gary in NY

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I routed new #6 cable to the garage. Wall connector arrived yesterday. Today I will make up at the new breaker and install the wall charger. I am afraid then, I will be sitting in the garage with charging handle in hand, waiting for the Model X to arriv.
Did you get the new version of the wall connector?

I'm using an existing NEMA 6-50 outlet with the UMC. Works great, but maybe someday I'll get a HPWC.

Randyman

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I bought the third generation wall connector. It is on and ready . Mounted it through a sheet of white FRP for a cleanable surface. So now it’s like this:
clean garage, charger ready Me sitting on a chair waiting for a car. I was afforded the VIN and a promise that next week it is coming. Fingers crossed. I am 65 years old and haven’t been this excited about a worldly thing for a long time.

Tesla blue 3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I bought the third generation wall connector. It is on and ready . Mounted it through a sheet of white FRP for a cleanable surface. So now it’s like this:
clean garage, charger ready Me sitting on a chair waiting for a car. I was afforded the VIN and a promise that next week it is coming. Fingers crossed. I am 65 years old and haven’t been this excited about a worldly thing for a long time.
You have good reason to be excited if your experience is similar to mine. It truly is the best car I have owned and it keeps getting better.

bsunny

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Welcome! And congratulations! I agree this car is something special. The biggest problem I have is trying not to talk about it to anyone and everyone incessantly. I especially have a hard time when people are considering getting a new car and they are considering an ICE, or maybe a hybrid for the better gas mileage. My only thought is, “Why would you? How could you???!!!” I just may have stepped over the line on occasion. 🥴😏
There is another negative... I cannot drive another car. Will attempt to rent a TESLA whenever I travel without her from now on. I am ruined. 🤔🌞🤣

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
......I especially have a hard time when people are considering getting a new car and they are considering an ICE, or maybe a hybrid for the better gas mileage. My only thought is, “Why would you?

so true.
I told my parents to definitely talk to me when they're thinking about getting another vehicle. :)

serpico007

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Congratulations on your order. I just ordered a new Model S last week. Picked up the wall connector Gen3 today from the local Tesla store. My wife actually saw the car and sat in it today for the first time. Glad she liked it or I wouldn’t know what to do!