NEMA 14-50 no longer included. available for purchase.

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, it's better to spend $50 or more for an unsafe solution (adapting a 50 amp plug to a 20-30amp receptacle) than just getting the appropriate $35 adapter from Tesla? Say what?
That is not what I’m saying at all. The adapters were available all along. When the 14-50 was included, everyone still had the option to buy another Tesla adapter.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, it's better to spend $50 or more for an unsafe solution (adapting a 50 amp plug to a 20-30amp receptacle) than just getting the appropriate $35 adapter from Tesla? Say what?
No, it's just $35 for the appropriate adapter from Tesla. It plugs directly into the Mobile Connector and is designed specifically for the electrical outlet you intend to use (14-50, 14-30, 10-30, etc.).

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm kind of surprised with all of the people here claiming they aren't really necessary that we don't have some listed in our Parts for Sale area.
It's a $35 part, not worth the hassle of selling/shipping. I've never used mine (installed a wall connector) and have a planned road trip later this summer to my brother on the east coast. I planned on using superchargers (which would work), but now plan on installing a NEMA 14-50 outlet in his garage (the parts to do so would be less then the NEMA 14-50 adapter!).

Technical48

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is not what I’m saying at all. The adapters were available all along. When the 14-50 was included, everyone still had the option to buy another Tesla adapter.
I know, I jumped to a incorrect interpretation. Guess I've seen too many posts asking "Can I get an adapter to plug my 14-50 into a dryer outlet"

Mea culpa!

Vendacious

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
dryers in the garage must be a regional thing. Here, there may be a separate laundry room near the garage, but rarely does a house have them in the garage. (mine is on the 2nd floor).
It's pretty common on older construction in southern California. Newer construction generally has a separate laundry room upstairs and no 240V outlet provided. You are expected to use a natural gas dryer.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
dryers in the garage must be a regional thing. Here, there may be a separate laundry room near the garage, but rarely does a house have them in the garage. (mine is on the 2nd floor).
A lot of "modern" houses built from 1990 to 2010, a large portion of them all over Florida, have the laundry either in the garage or near it.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Including wiring?

Good for you--I wish one of my brothers had paid for my NEMA 14-50 install. :D
I’m paying for it (doing it myself as well). His panel is in the garage right next to where the outlet will go. A nema 14-50 receptacle and a couple feet of #6wire/conduit is less then $30.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I referred a friend to Tesla fo a Model 3 which he picked up last week. Is Tesla only providing the 110 adapter with the charger? I’m curious if they are trying to force new owners to purchase a wall charger. I picked mine up last August and it had the 110 and 40 amp adapters.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I referred a friend to Tesla fo a Model 3 which he picked up last week. Is Tesla only providing the 110 adapter with the charger? I’m curious if they are trying to force new owners to purchase a wall charger. I picked mine up last August and it had the 110 and 40 amp adapters.
they currently are only supplying the 110 adapter, but the other adapters are available for purchase, so no need to go up to a wall connector if one wants to use a NEMA 14-50, but also saves tesla from providing something on every single car, that may not be used by a good percentage of the owners.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
they currently are only supplying the 110 adapter, but the other adapters are available for purchase, so no need to go up to a wall connector if one wants to use a NEMA 14-50, but also saves tesla from providing something on every single car, that may not be used by a good percentage of the owners.
Thanks Melinda!
Thanks Melinda! Love the red.