Need Tesla Wall Connector shipping box

Robert21

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a Tesla Wall Connector but then changed my mind and I want to install NEMA 14-50 plug. They will accept a return but I don’t have the outer brown shipping box anymore. Does anybody in Central NJ / NYC / Philly area have one I could grab?

Last edited:

Deadbattery

Country
Country
I ordered a Tesla Wall Connector but then changed my mind and I want to install NEMA 14-50 plug. They will accept a return but I don’t have the outer brown shipping box anymore. Does anybody in Central NJ / NYC / Philly area have one I could grab?
You can have mine...see if you can find one you don't need to ship first?

Sending an empty box will still cost something

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Just use any corrugated cardboard and wrap it up with some tape! It doesn't have to be in the original shipping box.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks. In the end I called and they said it was ok to return it in the grey Tesla branded box.
Can you tell the number you called? I have been trying to reach Tesla but no luck. I am in same situation and I do not know how to go about returning the wall conntector

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Is "changing your mind" even a valid reason for returning an item you ordered, paid for and had shipped? Can you just throw away the shipping box and shipping padding and then return it in the inner box and get a full refund? Who pays the labor and packaging to fulfill your order. And why?

I'm not even a Tesla shareholder but I find this kind of behavior troubling because it pushes up the price for those who take responsibility for their decisions. If it was my call I would tell you to buck up and sell it on eBay or Craigslist. At only $500 they are a bargain compared to the competition which can typically only do 30 amps instead of 48 amps.

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is "changing your mind" even a valid reason for returning an item you ordered, paid for and had shipped? Can you just throw away the shipping box and shipping padding and then return it in the inner box and get a full refund? Who pays the labor and packaging to fulfill your order. And why?

I'm not even a Tesla shareholder but I find this kind of behavior troubling because it pushes up the price for those who take responsibility for their decisions. If it was my call I would tell you to buck up and sell it on eBay or Craigslist. At only $500 they are a bargain compared to the competition which can typically only do 30 amps instead of 48 amps.
It's called Customer Service. THAT is what made Amazon a Trillion Dollar company.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
It's called Customer Service. THAT is what made Amazon a Trillion Dollar company.
Customer Service = kissing ass to your worst customers and charging your best customers for it.

I'm a member but I always wondered why they rarely had the best prices.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Speaking of Amazon....

I bought a Blackvue DR720S-2ch from our first group buy. But I decided not to install it when Tesla announced the DashCam feature. So I decided to try to sell it on Amazon - they allow indivuals to sell most items on the website - what's known as a third-party seller. So I added my offer to Amazon's existing listing for the dashcam, and a few weeks later, it sold. I shipped it to the buyer and was quite pleased that I actually ended up making a little money on the whole deal. :)

Then a week later I received a return request. The automated email from Amazon said that the return reason was "Inaccurate website description", and added customer comment was "not as described". I double-checked Amazon's listing, and everything looked correct to me. So I sent a message to the buyer:

"I'm sorry that the item you purchased did not match the website description. Can you please tell me what information was incorrect?"​

The buyer responded:

"I meant to order DR900S but didn't realize I ordered a DR750S."​

So, if that's the case, why did the buyer say "Inaccurate website description"? Easy - Amazon won't refund your original shipping costs unless there's a problem with the item or a bad item description. So this person was trying to make *me* pay for their mistake. No matter how good a company's return policy is, there will still be people trying to game the system.

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Speaking of Amazon....

I bought a Blackvue DR720S-2ch from our first group buy. But I decided not to install it when Tesla announced the DashCam feature. So I decided to try to sell it on Amazon - they allow indivuals to sell most items on the website - what's known as a third-party seller. So I added my offer to Amazon's existing listing for the dashcam, and a few weeks later, it sold. I shipped it to the buyer and was quite pleased that I actually ended up making a little money on the whole deal. :)

Then a week later I received a return request. The automated email from Amazon said that the return reason was "Inaccurate website description", and added customer comment was "not as described". I double-checked Amazon's listing, and everything looked correct to me. So I sent a message to the buyer:

"I'm sorry that the item you purchased did not match the website description. Can you please tell me what information was incorrect?"​

The buyer responded:

"I meant to order DR900S but didn't realize I ordered a DR750S."​

So, if that's the case, why did the buyer say "Inaccurate website description"? Easy - Amazon won't refund your original shipping costs unless there's a problem with the item or a bad item description. So this person was trying to make *me* pay for their mistake. No matter how good a company's return policy is, there will still be people trying to game the system.
As a "vendor" you should've notrified Amazon of the buyers "comments". They would then refund your shipping costs.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As a "vendor" you should've notrified Amazon of the buyers "comments". They would then refund your shipping costs.
Sure, but that's not the point of my making the comment. Even Amazon doesn't allow a return of an opened item for a full refund unless it's defective. I'm not sure why you're holding them up to be an example of "customer service" when it seems clear that Tesla is being more lenient in this regard.