Need help please! Model 3 LR vs. Performance

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m biased as I have a performance 3 so it gets my vote however an AWD with the extra power boost is really quick too.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m biased as I have a performance 3 so it gets my vote however an AWD with the extra power boost is really quick too.
Hey - Aren't you also a stock holder? :blush: Upsell is everything !

On another note of this, which has more profit it in it for Tesla? The P or the AWD with P-boost?

NOTE - Post updated to properly spell "Stock" however this disclaimer left so that those with fun gifs in their replies don't look like the crazy ones! And just a side note, until we get some better telepathy software that can translate my thoughts my posts will have typos that I correct later :cool:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TrevP

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Aren't you also a sock holder? :blush:
public radio cash GIF by WFAE 90.7 (Charlotte's NPR News Source)

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think the range hit is due solely to the heavier 20" wheels and performance-oriented tires.

The sport wheels are heavy! Even the Zero-Gs are only 1lb lighter but make no difference. There's a reason that Tesla drag racing YouTuber does so well: he's removed all the inside bits to reduce weight. I'm sure my car would go faster if I did the same, put on lighter wheels, took off the 60lb tow hitch etc... ;)

Reactions: garsh

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The sport wheels are heavy! Even the Zero-Gs are only 1lb lighter but make no difference. There's a reason that Tesla drag racing YouTuber does so well: he's removed all the inside bits to reduce weight. I'm sure my car would go faster if I did the same, put on lighter wheels, took off the 60lb tow hitch etc... ;)
These cars are already stupid fast. Unless anyone is tracking their car just enjoy the looks over all else is generally my motto.

• Agree
Reactions: djejnyc and garsh

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

I need to get on the treadmill and get rid of my 60lb tow hitch.

My P3D+ would probably be quicker.

( I'm aging myself calling my car a P3D+. These young kids don't know what that is. LOL ).

• Funny
Reactions: M3OC Rules

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I need to get on the treadmill and get rid of my 60lb tow hitch.

My P3D+ would probably be quicker.

( I'm aging myself calling my car a P3D+. These young kids don't know what that is. LOL ).

It’s a total pet peeve of mine but there is no such thing as a P3D. It’s an M3P (Model 3 Performance).

I’m not even sure how or why that naming convention took off.

If it’s a play on P100D from the S/X then the Model 3 Performance would be a P75D.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.