Need advice on service repair problem

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hello. I received my Model 3 on 7/6 and luckily I brought my nephew who spotted a few visible problems at the delivery center in Costa Mesa. There was a small chip on the glass over the driver seat, a small dent on the right A pillar , paint overspray on the driver side view mirror and the passenger side mirror was not attached properly so it’s a little loose. I also complained my Model 3 was losing up to 10 miles of charge over night.

I was scheduled to bring my Model 3 for service repairs on 7/27 at the Buena Park service center. I received several reminder emails from Tesla days leading up to 7/27 so it appeared they were on top of things. I showed up on 7/27 and was immediately told they were short on Tesla loaner cars and I might need to take a gas loaner car. I shook my head and insisted on a Tesla. Magically, there was one being charged and was told “it might be dirty”. 10 minutes later, I was told it was dirty and they’ll have it cleaned. 20 minutes later, I was brought to a clean Tesla Model S (exterior only). The interior had chips on the floorboard, stains on the seats, used plastic sandwich bagand cosmetics inside the center console.

Whatever, I took it home. Monday, 7/30, I received a phone call notifying me it’ll be just a bit longer. I use an app called TezLab. It actually tracks all trips and usage of my Model 3. I just happened to check my TezLab app and discovered my Model 3 was driven for 10 minutes for a distance of 4.8 miles at 7:40AM. I googled the Buena Park Service Center hours and they open at 9AM on Mondays.

I don’t want to be a D!@K but WTF!?! Why would anyone drive my car at 7:40AM that would be “work or service related?!?” I’m not happy about this and am trying to not be a D!@K when I call them tomorrow. Any suggestions from my fellow Tesla owners?!?

Thank you for any advice you may have for me.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello. I received my Model 3 on 7/6 and luckily I brought my nephew who spotted a few visible problems at the delivery center in Costa Mesa. There was a small chip on the glass over the driver seat, a small dent on the right A pillar , paint overspray on the driver side view mirror and the passenger side mirror was not attached properly so it’s a little loose. I also complained my Model 3 was losing up to 10 miles of charge over night.

I was scheduled to bring my Model 3 for service repairs on 7/27 at the Buena Park service center. I received several reminder emails from Tesla days leading up to 7/27 so it appeared they were on top of things. I showed up on 7/27 and was immediately told they were short on Tesla loaner cars and I might need to take a gas loaner car. I shook my head and insisted on a Tesla. Magically, there was one being charged and was told “it might be dirty”. 10 minutes later, I was told it was dirty and they’ll have it cleaned. 20 minutes later, I was brought to a clean Tesla Model S (exterior only). The interior had chips on the floorboard, stains on the seats, used plastic sandwich bagand cosmetics inside the center console.

Whatever, I took it home. Monday, 7/30, I received a phone call notifying me it’ll be just a bit longer. I use an app called TezLab. It actually tracks all trips and usage of my Model 3. I just happened to check my TezLab app and discovered my Model 3 was driven for 10 minutes for a distance of 4.8 miles at 7:40AM. I googled the Buena Park Service Center hours and they open at 9AM on Mondays.

I don’t want to be a D!@K but WTF!?! Why would anyone drive my car at 7:40AM that would be “work or service related?!?” I’m not happy about this and am trying to not be a D!@K when I call them tomorrow. Any suggestions from my fellow Tesla owners?!?

Thank you for any advice you may have for me.
Without jumping to conclusions — it’s quite possible that they open to the public at 9 am but beginning work earlier than that.

If that’s not the case, then I’d be pretty upset! Does TezLab show a map of the drive like TeslaFi does?

I would inquire as to the reason for the early a.m. drive in your baby. If they don’t have a reasonable explanation such as they drove it to an approved Tesla body shop for them to evaluate the A-pillar dinger repair job or something else that might seem legit, than by all means “go for it”. Since SCs vary greatly in quality and timelyness of service, might you consider another one (that’s what I resorted to). If you are not satisfied, escalate it on up the chain until you are satisfied even if that means going all the way up to Big Daddy who took over service when the previous dude exited (at least that’s what he stated during the Q1 conference call).

Good-luck !

Last edited by a moderator:

96s46p

Country
Country
Just because they open to customers at 9 doesn't mean they aren't working on cars outside those hours. As to why they needed to move your car off the property at all, you'd have to ask.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
None of my repairs require any type of test drive involved. The repairs were all auto body related, nothing to do with the way he car drives.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Without jumping to conclusions — it’s quite possible that they open to the public at 9 am but beginning work earlier than that.

If that’s not the case, then I’d be pretty upset! Does TezLab show a map of the drive like TeslaFi does?

TezLab does show a map and where the car was driven to but the map is not very detailed (up close).

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I would inquire as to the reason for the early a.m. drive in your baby. If they don’t have a reasonable explanation such as they drove it to an approved Tesla body shop for them to evaluate the A-pillar dinger repair job or something else that might seem legit, than by all means “go for it”. Since SCs vary greatly in quality and timelyness of service, might you consider another one (that’s what I resorted to). If you are not satisfied, escalate it on up the chain until you are satisfied even if that means going all the way up to Big Daddy who took over service when the previous dude exited (at least that’s what he stated during the Q1 conference call).

Good-luck !
Hello. I just wonder if there are any auto shops out there to evaluate the A pillar within 10 minutes to drive from the service center to where ever and back to the service center. My suspicion is my car was used to go do an early morning coffee or food run.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
TezLab does show a map and where the car was driven to but the map is not very detailed (up close).
That’s a shame — would have been good to attempt to spot if they hit a drive thru in the car.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
None of my repairs require any type of test drive involved. The repairs were all auto body related, nothing to do with the way he car drives.
Most Tesla service centers do not perform body repairs themselves. Instead, they take it to a body shop. Is it possible that they were attempting to take it to one?

I'm grasping at straws. You'd think they'd leave it if that were the case.