Current Navigation Data : NA-2019.20-10487

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Has your car updated to Navigation Data : NA-2019.20-10487

• Total voters

evannole

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a similar issue in Los Angeles on the 134 Westboud. Two different places it thinks the HOV lane ends and so it changes out of the lane, drives a few hundred yards, and then puts the blinker on to get right back in. Same exact places every day regardless of traffic.

EDIT: and the nav update to 2019-20 did not help
We have the same issue here in Atlanta. If you look at the TomTom Mapshare Reporter link I posted above, you'll see that the I-75 HOV lane is actually shown as a separate road from the rest of the highway. At the places where the double solid lines separating the HOV lane from the regular lanes become dashed lines, allowing people to change into the regular lanes, the HOV lanes disappear from the TomTom map, merging into the regular lanes, and then pick up again a half mile or so later, when the dashed lines go back to solid. These are the same places where NOA wants me to get out of the HOV lane and then right back in it a half mile later. I suspect that you have the same problem in Los Angeles. Clearly TomTom is trying to show the places where it's permissible to get in and out of the HOV lane, but the way they're drawn, it looks like the lanes themselves are ending.

I spent about an hour yesterday clicking on all of those segments and notifying TomTom that the HOV lane does not end at those places but rather continues straight just as before. I am quite sure that these issues with the map are the source of this undesirable NOA behavior. Whether or not TomTom and Tesla can address that remains to be seen, but maybe if enough people point out the problem this is causing with NOA, something will happen.

Last edited:

evannole

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got 2019.20 today. Seems there is no 3d view like the previous version. Somebody else remark this ?
3D view? With 3D buildings and such? That I have never seen. If you mean the birds-eye type perspective, showing your upcoming move in the distance, while you're actively on a navigation route, that still works for me. When not in a navigation session, maps have always been flat, 2D for me.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No I mean when driving on the highway, the maps shows like horizontaly, like if you were entering in it. When approaching the destination, the map become vertically flat.

But I don't see this behaviour with this new version.

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With the new update, the NAV system can FINALLY see and navigate on the new massive interstate bypass that opened up in Delaware connecting 301 to Rt 1. Prior to this week, the car thought I was off-roading across all the farmers fields! So definitely a road info update!