Current Navigation Data : NA-2019.20-10487

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Has your car updated to Navigation Data : NA-2019.20-10487

• Total voters

undergrove

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I check and record the nav number each time I receive a new firmware update. I first noticed the 2019.20 nav update when the 24.4 firmware update came in, so the nav update had to come in for me between 06/25 and 07/24. I can't say precisely when.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
went out and checked this morning and mine is now on nav 2019.20 - but wonder if it actually installed the night before - because as I was coming home last night - thru the mile stretch with the speed limit 20mph off, I looked down and it was showing the correct speed - but was right about where it previously changed back to the correct - so assumed I was just already past the incorrect section.
will see if it corrected my local freeway to allow NoA this morning :)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
went out and checked this morning and mine is now on nav 2019.20 - but wonder if it actually installed the night before - because as I was coming home last night - thru the mile stretch with the speed limit 20mph off, I looked down and it was showing the correct speed - but was right about where it previously changed back to the correct - so assumed I was just already past the incorrect section.
will see if it corrected my local freeway to allow NoA this morning :)
nope - NoA still has about a 2 mile section of my local freeway that it thinks is not freeway - coming up to it from either direction shows as "freeway ending in 600ft" or whatever the on screen warning is when NoA ends when you exit a freeway.

evannole

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, this is very interesting.

A few months ago, I noticed that both Apple Maps and the Tesla navigation system both routed me in a very strange way near my house, as if the principal neighborhood road right by my house was closed or otherwise impassable. Google Maps has never made such errors in the five years I have lived here.

When I looked at the info page on Apple Maps, it indicated that the map data was coming from TomTom. So, I created a TomTom account on their map editor website, where, sure enough, my local street was marked as blocked. I submitted a correction and then went about my business.

Fast forward four or five months, to today. Maps version 2019.20 was pushed to my car this morning. On my commute home this evening, the car routed me via my local street that even yesterday it refused to use. Eureka!

It would therefore appear that, in my neck of the woods, at least, Tesla's system is getting at least some map data from TomTom, despite the screen's saying that it comes from Google. So, if you have map errors on your car, you might try reporting them here!

https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Where does the screen say map data comes from Google? I don't recall seeing that anywhere. My understanding is the map data comes from Open Street Map.
My screen has the Google logo in the lower right corner. I've been told that Tesla has their own maps though so who knows

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, this is very interesting.

A few months ago, I noticed that both Apple Maps and the Tesla navigation system both routed me in a very strange way near my house, as if the principal neighborhood road right by my house was closed or otherwise impassable. Google Maps has never made such errors in the five years I have lived here.

When I looked at the info page on Apple Maps, it indicated that the map data was coming from TomTom. So, I created a TomTom account on their map editor website, where, sure enough, my local street was marked as blocked. I submitted a correction and then went about my business.

Fast forward four or five months, to today. Maps version 2019.20 was pushed to my car this morning. On my commute home this evening, the car routed me via my local street that even yesterday it refused to use. Eureka!

It would therefore appear that, in my neck of the woods, at least, Tesla's system is getting at least some map data from TomTom, despite the screen's saying that it comes from Google. So, if you have map errors on your car, you might try reporting them here!

https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/
I think the map graphics may be different than the routing decisions being made behind the scenes. so it could be that the public facing map graphics are sourced from google, but the routing is done using the TomTom (or some other) maps.

Milo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Downloaded last night. Was hoping this would correct a few inaccurate speed limits on my commute. Nope. Bummer.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you swipe away everything but the map (e.g., the music window), it says either "Google" or "Map data from Google," at least in my area.
Thanks. That corner is ALWAYS covered up by the music window. Indeed, mine also says Google now. And I just got updated now too.

Hugh_Jassol

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
nope - NoA still has about a 2 mile section of my local freeway that it thinks is not freeway - coming up to it from either direction shows as "freeway ending in 600ft" or whatever the on screen warning is when NoA ends when you exit a freeway.
I have a similar issue in Los Angeles on the 134 Westboud. Two different places it thinks the HOV lane ends and so it changes out of the lane, drives a few hundred yards, and then puts the blinker on to get right back in. Same exact places every day regardless of traffic.

EDIT: and the nav update to 2019-20 did not help