Current Navigation Data : NA-2019.20-10487

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Has your car updated to Navigation Data : NA-2019.20-10487

• Total voters

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well went out to the car to see if I could get some software love (none of that) but to my surprise both cars have new map data. Don't know when it snuck down, but both cars already have it.
View attachment 27855
I had an update install when I got home. Just went out and checked and sadly, my nav is still on 2019.6. I think at this point, Id rather have the nav update than 24.4.

Now, is there anyone with the new nav update that wants to come try out my local freeway and see if they have made it NoA-able?

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not looking forward to this. Maybe NoA will not freak out when I'm driving in my HOV lane. Or maybe, just maybe it'll actually suggest using the HOV lane on and off ramps that save 5-10 mins.

Bring on the nav updates!

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How about adding a poll like on the firmware threads to see how many have this new NAV version?

Hopefully this NAV update will finally know about the highway 99 tunnel under downtown Seattle that opened in early February. It's really bad right now for visitors. If you're trying to exit for downtown, the car will direct you to an old, non-existent exit which results in you going through the tunnel and ending up on the opposite end of downtown. Plus, AP and NAV in the tunnel is a mess because it thinks you're jumping between surface streets above.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
highway 99 tunnel under downtown Seattle that opened in early February.
when I was up in Seattle w few months ago, I was thinking nav would route me on Alaskan a few blocks and would turn off it around king street station-ish - instead ended up north of downtown in the middle of the lunch hour on a weekday and driving back to SoDo thru all the lunchtime traffic. My sister and I were both saying "huh, when did this happen?" Other than ending up totally on the wrong side of downtown, it was a nice tunnel :)

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Well went out to the car to see if I could get some software love (none of that) but to my surprise both cars have new map data. Don't know when it snuck down, but both cars already have it.
View attachment 27855
So does this Nav update just download and install with no Prompt as in the SW updates? You just show up and it’s downloaded and installed? I just got 24.4 yesterday however my Nav is still 19.6.

Ski

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So does this Nav update just download and install with no Prompt as in the SW updates? You just show up and it’s downloaded and installed? I just got 24.4 yesterday however my Nav is still 19.6.

Ski
That is correct, no interaction from the user. They handle this one all behind the scenes. Typically this download has been about 5 GB in the past, so some people know when it is happening by watching the traffic on their home network. I don't have that insight, so don't know exactly when I got the update, just happened to see it yesterday when checking on the SW.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got the 24.4 FW, but still on 2019.6 for maps and I have a 10 mile stretch of NOA failure daily for me. I'll be checking for a big spike on my network now to see if the map comes in!!

Last edited:

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Other than ending up totally on the wrong side of downtown, it was a nice tunnel :)
And at least it was free. Tolling was supposed to have started by now, but has been delayed until the fall. It would be doubly frustrating if the old nav data not only stuck you on the wrong side of downtown, but made you pay a fee for that as well (not to mention a second toll to take the tunnel to get back).

Eli

Country
Country
I'm skeptical about it having the brand new 99 tunnel because the current map data is also missing ramp configuration changes that were made all the way back in 2015.

WilliamG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Create a free account on Open Street Maps and update SR 99. Then maybe you'll have it for the next update.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/
As the poster above me has said, it's already there. For whatever reason Tesla hasn't added it, and that's a huge deal since it's a major part of Seattle's downtown now. I hope it's in this new nav update, but I haven't read either way.

Johnston

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To those who've received the map update, did it come with the 24.4 update or was it a separate update all on its own? My car is on 24.4 firmware but maps are still 2019.6. Hoping here too a new street that opened months ago would show up in the new maps.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To those who've received the map update, did it come with the 24.4 update or was it a separate update all on its own? My car is on 24.4 firmware but maps are still 2019.6. Hoping here too a new street that opened months ago would show up in the new maps.
nav updates are separate, and install unprompted