National News Outlet seeking Tesla Experiences

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I've combined kylecars' threads into one, and moved it to the Media & News subforum.
Feel free to answer any of the three questions he's asked within this thread.

Please remember to keep the discussion civil. View this as an opportunity to enlighten in a friendly manner. :)
Thank you for combining them into one -- I wasn't sure how to do that.

bwilson4web

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
... I'm looking into reasons behind why you bought the Model 3 .. I'm curious if you decided to purchase the Model 3 because ... I'm curious to hear what your experiences have been with them.
Retired, the Model 3 meets the requirements of two older folks and my wife’s dogs. In 100 days, we’ve put 10,000 affordable miles on the car. The Model S and X are too much car for us.

Bob Wilson

FurryOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm a long time BMW owner. I've had my current BMW (530i) for over 10 years, and it's getting temperamental, so I said WTF, let's buy a Tesla! Two weeks later my Model 3 was delivered right to my driveway. I love it! It's so fast that I leave it in "Chill" mode most of the time. It's brought back the thrill of driving.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've wanted a Tesla since the 1st day I heard about it. At the time it was just the Roadster, then the Model S came out. I love big, luxurious sedans, I had to have this car. Fast forward to 2018, I was successful, stable, & ready to make this purchase. I figured I wanted a used one to start off with. I knew I had to get a ludicrous model. For months I would stalk the Tesla website, searching the whole country for a P90DL. Everytime I saw one I wanted, I would make a note of it's location & price. I thought I would have time to plan my trip, collect the reservation money, & think a bit longer about pressing the button. Unfortunately, the cars I wanted would sell within a day or two. Bummer!!!
Fast forward a year later....Tesla announced they were removing free supercharging from there used car inventory. Even with this perk removed, I still had a hard time finding a P90DL before someone else clicked the button first.
August 2019. I started looking into getting a new Model 3. My girl has always liked this car, but I just felt it was too small & not luxurious enough. I didn't know much about them & felt they were stripped down Model S's. Whenever I saw one, I made fun of 'em (mostly because my girl like 'em). One day I parked next to a Performance Model 3. Boy was I blown away!!! It's one thing to see it in pictures, it's another to drive past one, but man, when you are in the presence of one, this is one beautiful car. I was parked next to a red with white interior P3D. This was the 1st time I was this close to one. The flatness of the exterior, how the lights blend with the body, the smoothness of the design (I could care less about panel gaps), the bright stock 20's, the red brake calipers, it all just blended so well. I then placed an order for the white on white performance model 3. Took delivery near the end of September. This is the best car I have ever driven in my life. It makes everything else just feel dumb & unnecessary.
I've only owned this car for less than a month. Besides my house, it is the most expensive item I have ever purchased with absolutely no regrets. I've owned many expensive cars & other misc. items, but always felt a little regret or wasn't fully satisfied. This car doesn't give me those feelings at all, I am completely satisfied with the car (Tesla as a company needs improvement), but I love the car.
My sister in law has a BMW I3. This is roughly a $50,000 car, it could be more but I don't know. What I do know is this car sucks. Why would any one buy this? I'm all for supporting green energy, but c'mon, all these other EV's are doing it half-assed, more like one-eight-assed. I'm so glad Tesla exists. I was convinced the future of green energy was looking like Prius's, Leaf's, I3's.....etc, you know what I mean! I'm so happy this will not be the case.