National Drive Week (DFW) at Grapevine, TX Sept 8, 2018

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

hamtonp

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Let's use this day to do a small meet up. Be nice to check out other cars as well.
Sept 8, 2018 10am - 1pm

https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1284

We can either just meet straight there or meet somewhere (Southlake Supercharger) and all drive there at once. Show of force. We can all rev our .... uh yeah...

Currently Model S has us beat. 32 vs 20.

Got the list from GDN's thread
@LUXMAN @Quicksilver @Karlsays @plankeye @KGTES @Fan#1 @NIGHTHAWK017 @GDN @Magma @geoffreak @Steve Liu@Profblock @JOUL3S @TheHambledon @OMGchad @350VDC @tex_model_3 [COLOR=rgb(39, 38, 36)]@agastya[/COLOR] @hamtonp @littlelibo @tfederov@titan0801 @Dr. J @chelore565 @jdkyle @ronmis
@breadfan35 @actorps1 @buck3ts @zkmusa @jtk00l
@Rafa @y6000 @EvFanatic @BioSehnsucht @SocketPop @Kotoko @wunch
@Quang Nguyem @JMZMartin @PFNT3 @Mythri

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I want to go, but I'm still on the fence. I've got company in town that weekend and I'm leaving later that week on vacation. I'm about 60% in right now, but I can't make a commitment. The NTTOG has 27 S's, 17 X's, and 5 3's sighed up as of a couple of days ago. They could use more of us. Would be fun to show up with more 3's than S's or X's. Also figure reaching out to the general public the more affordable (using that lightly for now) car will generate the interest. I'm not sure if each car must be registered and what the deadline is.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I may be able to make it. I have an afternoon commitment so it may cut it close. We'll see. Looks fun though!

350VDC

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I did sign up for the event. I think it will be fun. Im in if you want to arrive as a group

plankeye

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I want to go, but I'm still on the fence. I've got company in town that weekend and I'm leaving later that week on vacation. I'm about 60% in right now, but I can't make a commitment. The NTTOG has 27 S's, 17 X's, and 5 3's sighed up as of a couple of days ago. They could use more of us. Would be fun to show up with more 3's than S's or X's. Also figure reaching out to the general public the more affordable (using that lightly for now) car will generate the interest. I'm not sure if each car must be registered and what the deadline is.
I think we could fairly easily crush the S's. I see 3's all the time now. Come on guys!

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My delivery's scheduled for Sept. 4, so I may be able to arrive in a Tesla this time. ;)

Edit: Now scheduled for Sept. 7, and it's officially listed in MyTesla for the first time! Yeah!

Last edited:

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Let's use this day to do a small meet up. Be nice to check out other cars as well.
Sept 8, 2018 10am - 1pm

We can either just meet straight there or meet somewhere (Southlake Supercharger) and all drive there at once. Show of force. We can all rev our .... uh yeah...

Currently Model S has us beat. 32 vs 20.

Got the list from GDN's thread
@LUXMAN @Quicksilver @Karlsays @plankeye @KGTES @Fan#1 @NIGHTHAWK017 @GDN @Magma @geoffreak @Steve Liu@Profblock @JOUL3S @TheHambledon @OMGchad @350VDC @tex_model_3 [COLOR=rgb(39, 38, 36)]@agastya[/COLOR] @hamtonp @littlelibo @tfederov@titan0801 @Dr. J @chelore565 @jdkyle @ronmis
@breadfan35 @actorps1 @buck3ts @zkmusa @jtk00l
@Rafa @y6000 @EvFanatic @BioSehnsucht @SocketPop @Kotoko @wunch
@Quang Nguyem @JMZMartin @PFNT3 @Mythri
Not sure what this means, but I was not alerted to this post even though my username is properly referenced. I found this through the DFW Model 3 Meetup thread. (Thanks, @GDN!)

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not sure what this means, but I was not alerted to this post even though my username is properly referenced. I found this through the DFW Model 3 Meetup thread. (Thanks, @GDN!)
Might check your settings, when you are referenced in a thread like that you should have received a notification. I’m pretty sure I got an email and an alert here on the site. I would like to participate, but am not sure my schedule is going to allow it yet.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Might check your settings, when you are referenced in a thread like that you should have received a notification. I’m pretty sure I got an email and an alert here on the site. I would like to participate, but am not sure my schedule is going to allow it yet.
Just forgot I was going to do @Dr. J and see if you get a notification this time.

plankeye

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Bring the family along! :) I just hope it's not ridiculously hot that day.:(

NIGHTHAWK017

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I signed up for this and should be there. Not sure what time I’ll be able to get there but I’ll be there for part of it.
Wife and kiddos will also be in tow.

@plankeye yourbwife asked me where my wife was at the DFW meetup. She was out of town but she should be there for this one :p

Worst case scenario, she can go inside and look around the mall.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hey guys - looks like I'm in. Partner has to work some that day and I get the car. I will probably sign up tomorrow. I'll have to look, I don't recall if there is a generic sign up somewhere, or I joined NTTOC and I know they are sponsoring their group, I may register through them, doesn't matter either way. If a group from here finds a special place to park all together or if we can get a designated area would like to be a part of this group.

Any idea how many we have from here? Maybe we need to start beating the drum louder.

NTTOC posted some stats from across the US and right now DFW has the most Tesla's registered, but it wasn't a lot of 3's. Would be nice to up that number and have a big showing.

Last edited:

plankeye

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hey guys - looks like I'm in. Partner has to work some that day and I get the car. I will probably sign up tomorrow. I'll have to look, I don't recall if there is a generic sign up somewhere, or I joined NTTOC and I know they are sponsoring their group, I may register through them, doesn't matter either way. If a group from here finds a special place to park all together or if we can get a designated area would like to be a part of this group.

Any idea how many we have from here? Maybe we need to start beating the drum louder.

NTTOC posted some stats from across the US and right now DFW has the most Tesla's registered, but it wasn't a lot of 3's. Would be nice to up that number and have a big showing.
WooHoo!!! Great news!!

I registered through the drive electric site. Here's a link (if it works) directly to the Grapevine event:

Yeah, it would be cool if we could meet in one location, if possible.

Calling all DFW Model 3's.. Come out to the event next Saturday if you can!! It's from 10:00am to 1:00pm.
We need to beat the number of S's at the event!!! I'll be there early, just to beat the heat a little, if possible. (I know, it's Texas)

Also, bring the wife/significant other/family/friends. My wife will be with me, and she would appreciate some female support!! :p

I'm contemplating bringing our two pugs. But if it is still in the 90's next weekend, then I probably won't.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks like a no for me. We are hosting a friend’s retirement party at our house so lots to do that day. Please take some pics to share :)

hamtonp

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Doesn't look like too many are showing up. Let's just meet there. I'm sure the organizer group all the car types together. I plan on showing up at 10am on the dot.

Model S still have us beat. 46 to 35. I guess that's expected though. They've been around for a long time.