Nail polish remover eats faux leather

BenB

Country
Country
Nail polish remover was spilled in the back seat of my 2019 model 3. It made the leather appear to bubble and peel. I don’t think it is repairable. Has anyone had any experience replacing the entire back seat sitting cushion? Any idea on cost?

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nail polish remover was spilled in the back seat of my 2019 model 3. It made the leather appear to bubble and peel. I don’t think it is repairable. Has anyone had any experience replacing the entire back seat sitting cushion? Any idea on cost?
First time I've heard this. Sorry I have no info for you, but thanks for sharing. The wife is henceforth prohibited for doing nails in the car!

Klaus-rf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mail polish remover is mostly acetone. Which is very damaging (melts the stuff) to plastics and synthetics.

Contact one of the seat cover companies and ask about a partial cover kit. Full kits (synthetic - aka vegan leather) runs in the $1500-2000/US range, iirc.

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mail polish remover is mostly acetone. Which is very damaging (melts the stuff) to plastics and synthetics.

Contact one of the seat cover companies and ask about a partial cover kit. Full kits (synthetic - aka vegan leather) runs in the $1500-2000/US range, iirc.
I thought the skin of vegans was acetone resistant.;)

Klaus-rf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I thought the skin of vegans was acetone resistant.;)
Apparently not. Maybe it came from a different herd of hoofed vegans?

And "resistant" is always related to amount of exposure and amount of time exposed.

For example: A water-resistant watch is fine for a few minutes in the shower or pool, but won't survive an hour at the bottom of the lagoon (40 feet?),

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Apparently not. Maybe it came from a different herd of hoofed vegans?

And "resistant" is always related to amount of exposure and amount of time exposed.

For example: A water-resistant watch is fine for a few minutes in the shower or pool, but won't survive an hour at the bottom of the lagoon (40 feet?),
It’s a joke Klaus. Skin of Vegans?

Klaus-rf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t know of vegans with hoofs. Must be the devil 😊
Or could be angels. They can fly, BTW. I heard, most do have hoofs and horns. Leave nasty scratches & dents in paint when they "land" in traffic. Not to mention the cow sky pies.

Best to not drive under a flock (easier to follow them using the upper windows in the Tesla).

VeganWingedCow.jpg .

Country
Country
I purchased a replacement seat from Tesla. $550, to be delivered and installed by Tesla mobile service. FWIW, I live 95 miles from the nearest service center and had an appointment show up in my app for five days after I made the call. A great service experience for an otherwise frustrating accident.

Defjukie

Country
Country
I purchased a replacement seat from Tesla. $550, to be delivered and installed by Tesla mobile service. FWIW, I live 95 miles from the nearest service center and had an appointment show up in my app for five days after I made the call. A great service experience for an otherwise frustrating accident.
I don't know if it would save you any money, but the seat is extremely easy to remove / install. Literally two wire harnesses to disconnect and a couple pull tabs, and it just lifts out.