Mysterious Sound Icon

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am a brand new Model 3 owner and have a question about a sound icon appearing occasionally to the left of the car image in the car status area, (see attached image) It doesn’t seem to be tied to the audio system. Any thoughts?
If you tap that it will mute the audible alerts you receive when hazards are around the car. Oddly not volume control though, it’s either full on or mute.

DR61

Country
Country
This might be helpful if the car sounds an alert after installing a rear bike rack, which is on my list when I get a car.

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
The left scroll wheel only handles audio for music and phone. I can confirm it doesn’t adjust that beep nor does it handle Nav Voice prompt volume either.
Hmmmm? My scroll wheel adjusts nav voice (if used when she is speaking). Worked on .16 and still seems okay on .18

My issue is that audio system sound is not auto-muted when the nav voice comes on.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmmmm? My scroll wheel adjusts nav voice (if used when she is speaking). Worked on .16 and still seems okay on .18

My issue is that audio system sound is not auto-muted when the nav voice comes on.
That must be a recent update!