My skulk today (11/21) around the Tesla Delivery Center

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

PatrickM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in the Bay Area for Thanksgiving and I needed to drive to pick up my wife and daughter from San Francisco Airport, so I left earlier and went off to try to see a Model 3. I read on Reddit that there were some back behind the Telsa Delivery Center which is just down the road from the factory, so I went over there, parked nearby and strolled over.

The delivery center is in a sort of high tech business park and it's surrounded by businesses on both sides. Nothing that I did by walking up and wandering around the parking lot seemed outside normal expected behavior there, although I admit that I felt a bit silly. I would swear that at least one of the other people there casually walking around was sort of doing the same thing that I was. I wandered to the back and sure enough there were lots of Model 3's all parked and lined up in every color and both wheel sizes. The VIN numbers were written in sharpie on white pieces of paper on the dash. I counted about 18 Model 3's in all but I was not super thorough. Most of the VIN's that I saw were in the high 800's. The highest VIN # that I saw was 1050. I have a photo of - and of several Model 3's - if anyone wants to see it.

The Model 3 car looks great in person. The glass roof looks great, the interior looks spartan, the screen in the center looks huge and the shape of the car was actually slightly smaller than I thought it would be. Having watched all of the videos, nothing that I saw was a surprise, but it looked just as good - if not better - in person. All of us here on M3OC are all excited about a very pretty looking vehicle. And now having seen a bunch in person, I am just as excited as I was before for my ordering opportunity to come in. I will say that all of the colors look great - and that's the absolute truth. Even the red is a really lovely shade of red and it's not quite as crazy bright red in person as I thought it would be. Picking a color is going to be even harder now that I've seen them (but I'm still going with blue).

I figure at this point, we've all seen the photos, so I'm not planning on posting any but if you want to see a few let me know.

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I thought I was crazy camping around SpaceX waiting.

We are all in this together as a crazy bunch of enthusiasts here at M3OC.

Just think... soon we won’t have to walk through private lots to see the car ;)