My new USED Model 3?!

OD_CT

Country
Country
I just received a message (May 11) from my delivery advisor containing the final purchase agreement for my model 3 which list vehicle condition as ‘used’. This was received only 14 hours before my ‘new’ vehicle delivery appointment.
Wow. The odometer section is blank so I don’t know how miles are on this vehicle. It could be a typo but I don’t think so as Tesla has been a bit strange throughout the process. Communication has been non existent as to production status and the serial number is old (151##).
To say this is a disappointment on the eve of my delivery is an understatement.
I will find out what they are really up to tomorrow but this is not looking good.
I’m dumbfounded that they would email me at 7:30pm the night before delivery appointment to say I was not actually getting a new car is pretty crazy. Hoping this is a mistake. More details to follow...

UTexas98

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's probably a mistake. That's not an "old" VIN. We took delivery of a 14xxx vin to work weeks ago and are getting a 17k one this upcoming week. It doesn't look like they're made sequentially and delivery logistics seems to shuffle them around. It'll get cleared up soon enough. Enjoy delivery.

I just received a message (May 11) from my delivery advisor containing the final purchase agreement for my model 3 which list vehicle condition as ‘used’. This was received only 14 hours before my ‘new’ vehicle delivery appointment.
Wow. The odometer section is blank so I don’t know how miles are on this vehicle. It could be a typo but I don’t think so as Tesla has been a bit strange throughout the process. Communication has been non existent as to production status and the serial number is old (151##).
To say this is a disappointment on the eve of my delivery is an understatement.
I will find out what they are really up to tomorrow but this is not looking good.
I’m dumbfounded that they would email me at 7:30pm the night before delivery appointment to say I was not actually getting a new car is pretty crazy. Hoping this is a mistake. More details to follow...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sounds like a typo. You'll get it worked out, I'm sure.

The VIN isn't old. It takes a while to get vehicles shipped out east. Try to relax, and be sure to check the car over well.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As others have said I’m sure the car isn’t used and it’s just a typo. Of course make sure all of the details are right, the car is right, and the VIN matches between the car, your paperwork, and your MyTesla account though.

teslarob

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My mom had hers delivered last Tuesday 5/8, and it's VIN 92xx, which I thought was strange. She had a perfect delivery and no concerns, sounds like yours went well too!