My new center console

COM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like a different pattern: leather?

Leather pattern close-up:

That's my guess. Different pattern than what's currently being offered. I have a vinyl cutter and some experience with applying 3m Di-Noc (more pattern options than what's being offerered currently), so even though I have a Matte Black kit already, I may order some different material and do my dash and center console (once my car gets here).

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you also have the matrix black on the dash (over the wood)?

Also, my OCD wants you to vacuum! :p

Matrix black on the dash. It is probably getting change soon though. I am thinking lambskin to keep the finish consistent.

My OCD says hello. Wants your OCD to know that he has already taken care of it. ;) I was too excited about taking pictures before the cleanup after the project.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Matrix black on the dash. It is probably getting change soon though. I am thinking lambskin to keep the finish consistent.

My OCD says hello. Wants your OCD to know that he has already taken care of it. ;) I was too excited about taking pictures before the cleanup after the project.
Very cool idea! Looking forward to your results with the lambskin. I think the console looks very “luxury vehicle” ...also looks like it was a LOT of work.

Oh, and my OCD adamantly approves of your arrangement of priorities.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Lovesword ,

I don't have a wide enough piece of lambskin to make the grain line up correctly, so I used the synthetic leather instead. I am pretty happy with how it all turned out. Will enjoy it for a few months before I start playing with colors.

View attachment 13432
Really looks nice, very much like an option straight from Tesla. Well done!

EK711

Country
Country
Chojn1,

I sent you a message back in July but never heard back. Not sure if you received it. Can you make sure I’m on the list for the sunglasses holder and bin?

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Chojn1,

I sent you a message back in July but never heard back. Not sure if you received it. Can you make sure I’m on the list for the sunglasses holder and bin?
Hi @EK711,
They are still working on June requests.
You are on the list.
CJ

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Open the right side of the center console.
There is a two wire (brown and white) plug which connects the LED from inside the middle center console to 12v.
Unplug this, and plug in your own 12v LED. The plug/connector is the same one used in all the interior LED's.
Attach that LED to the underside of the display mount.
The lid open/close sensor is not wired in line with this power line, so you're good to go.

20180924_072041-jpg.15304

This is the LED strip and connector I used for the trunk. You only need a strip of 3 LEDs for this purpose.

20180703_090950-jpg.15305