Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice. When are you getting yours installed? Any worries about the wheels/tires sticking too far out? Or are there any concerns with the wheels getting in the way of the calipers?
Thanks, taking delivery next Friday the 28th, hopefully! No worries, my supplier assured me that they've already done this type of setup numerous times without issues.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@number9Tesla - best look'n white Model 3! Wanted to know if you have photos with the 710's installed without the lower springs? Also, do you have the dimensions between floor and wheel well (front and rear) - with the 710's and Moderate springs? Reason I'm asking, I'd like to get the same wheels - but the lowering springs isn't available yet for AWD. I have the version 2 Telsa springs now, which are slightly lower than version 1. Wondering how the 710's will look without the lowering springs. Thanks!!!

Country
Country
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my current setup with 20 inch after market wheels. Since the model 3 is still a new car, I found that a lot of aftermarket wheel companies did not know if their wheels would fit the model 3, because they did not have a car to measure the specifications yet. So I did some research and found some various useful information, including the wheel fitment thread found on this forum. But still there were not many Model 3s yet that actually put aftermarket wheels on to see if the estimated specification actually would work.

So I found VMR wheels during my research and worked with them to get the setup that I wanted. They were great to work with and hence I wanted to share what specs I chose to help others in their search for their own aftermarket wheels!

I decided to go with the following specs and I couldn't be happier about it!

VMR 710 wheels gunmetal
20x9 et 35 on Michelin PS 4S 245/35
20x10 et 45 on Michelin PS 4S 275/30
Center bore 64.10
PCD 114.3 x 5
Unplugged Moderate Lowering Springs

View attachment 7700 View attachment 7701 View attachment 7702 View attachment 7703 View attachment 7704 View attachment 7705

@number9Tesla - Great job on your wheels. Hoping to achieve the same look in the near future. I'm in the process of determining what offset I should go with for the front and the rear. With the offset you went with does your front wheels sit closer to your fenders that your rear wheels? Did you do this intentionally?

I'm planning on going with 20x8.5 et 32 & 20x10 et 40. And my goal is for the front and rear wheels to sit equal distance from the fender without rubbing.

Based on the experience with your setup do you think the rear 10" wheel will sit inside the rear fender with an offset of 40? I want it to sit right inside the fender without rubbing on bumps, etc.

Based on the experience with your setup do you think the front 8.5" wheel will sit inside the front fender with an offset of 32? I want it to sit right inside the fender without rubbing on bumps, etc.

Appreciate your feedback

Last edited:

N54tt

Country
Country
@number9Tesla - Great job on your wheels. Hoping to achieve the same look in the near future. I'm in the process of determining what offset I should go with for the front and the rear. With the offset you went with does your front wheels sit closer to your fenders that your rear wheels? Did you do this intentionally?

I'm planning on going with 20x8.5 et 32 & 20x10 et 40. And my goal is for the front and rear wheels to sit equal distance from the fender without rubbing.

Based on the experience with your setup do you think the rear 10" wheel will sit inside the rear fender with an offset of 40? I want it to sit right inside the fender without rubbing on bumps, etc.

Based on the experience with your setup do you think the front 8.5" wheel will sit inside the front fender with an offset of 32? I want it to sit right inside the fender without rubbing on bumps, etc.

Appreciate your feedback
What did you end up going with? How’s the fitment? Pics?

ODub

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks, taking delivery next Friday the 28th, hopefully! No worries, my supplier assured me that they've already done this type of setup numerous times without issues.
Any update on this with pics? I couldn't wait for the VMRs so I went with MRR wheels and apparently I was the only one at the time to have purchased MRR wheels for a tesla Model 3, and unfortunately, ran into some TPMS sensor issues with the wheel and offset. We figured it out but no before the stem valve did a little scrapy scrapy on my newly painted calipers. I'll post pics after work tonight.

Aspec818

Country
Country
20" V710's / Avant Garde M310 were my all time favorite wheels in my last E60 5 series. Good to know they look awesome on the 3 as well.