Current My Model 3 having issues after the 2020.44.15 update

stlgrym3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
After it reboots all my custom settings are gone (bloodthirsty, vehicle name, AC settings, drive assistant). Basically it reverted back to factory setting. Also getting navigation unavailable error. The Navi is pointing to Palo Alto while I’m in Orange County. Called Tesla support but unfortunately they don’t open on weekends. Booked a mobile visit with them next week. Anyone else had this issue after the latest update?

Reactions: 1 person

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
After it reboots all my custom settings are gone (bloodthirsty, vehicle name, AC settings, drive assistant). Basically it reverted back to factory setting. Also getting navigation unavailable error. The Navi is pointing to Palo Alto while I’m in Orange County. Called Tesla support but unfortunately they don’t open on weekends. Booked a mobile visit with them next week. Anyone else had this issue after the latest update?
I had the same problem on 2020.44.10.1 It appeared to me that the profiles got corrupted and caused boot errors. After several reboots things got back to normal but the profiles were gone. I created a new profile and have been using that. Almost caused us to delay a trip.

Edit: I also had issues with navigation and it loaded without map data initially. Perhaps a map update was the culprit? Not sure but it stinks and now my lifetime efficiency is gone. :( Please post what you find out.

stlgrym3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had the same problem on 2020.44.10.1 It appeared to me that the profiles got corrupted and caused boot errors. After several reboots things got back to normal but the profiles were gone. I created a new profile and have been using that. Almost caused us to delay a trip.

Edit: I also had issues with navigation and it loaded without map data initially. Perhaps a map update was the culprit? Not sure but it stinks and now my lifetime efficiency is gone. :( Please post what you find out.

thanks for the reply. The map is back now but I’m still seeing the warning triangle in top right corner if the screen saying Navi error. The profile is indeed gone as my cars name. Also noticed auto-steer is not visible either while driving. Past updates have been fine without any issues, I guess it’s one of those bad ones. I will call Tesla tomorrow and also booked a mobile visit next week.

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
thanks for the reply. The map is back now but I’m still seeing the warning triangle in top right corner if the screen saying Navi error. The profile is indeed gone as my cars name. Also noticed auto-steer is not visible either while driving. Past updates have been fine without any issues, I guess it’s one of those bad ones. I will call Tesla tomorrow and also booked a mobile visit next week.
I took a trip a long ways from a service center and it was on the weekend for me too so I couldn't contact Tesla. I was able to back to everything being functional(Settings never came back) but it was many reboots. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

stlgrym3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Have you done the two easy reboots - the power off one, and the two button one?
I did the two button reboot twice. I have a habit of doing that after each software update. The issue only occurred after I trigger the first such reboot.