My Model 3 Finance Calculator/Oregon-specific

Country
Country
I'm a bit of a spreadsheet nerd, and I'm excited about the Model 3 so I bide my time doing stuff like this.

To use this, get a Google Docs account if you don't have one already. Sign in to your account. Then, go to the File Menu (in google docs, not on your browser) and select "Make a Copy". You'll see a copy in your own google docs account that you can fill in, and modify if you like.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yvl42yfPuBpqjlK73cbOlmw2waoGozFIKwYfY4DBws/edit?usp=sharing
SORRY this site wants to convert a google docs link to an embed. My security settings don't allow that. You'll have to copy & paste the link. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The reason I'm sharing this to Pac NW is that in Oregon there's no sales tax, so it greatly simplifies things as far as car purchase and after-purchase software buys such as FSD. Edit: Added sales tax b/c Oregon will be charging 0.5%, plus it's useful for other states

I didn't use any proprietary code or include any private information. If you want to use this for your own state, and modify it, and post it up for use by others, I really don't care about getting credit.

I commented each option using literature from the press release, even though we probably all know it by heart by now.

Last edited:

Audrey

SR3NTY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The reason I'm sharing this to Pac NW is that in Oregon there's no sales tax
Oregon is implementing a $2,500 rebate for electric vehicles with a starting MSRP below $50,000 (Oregon HB 2017). However, that same legislation includes an across the board half percent sales tax on new vehicles.

Oregon HB 2017 Section 90 said:
(2) The privilege tax shall be computed at the rate of 0.5 percent of the retail sales price of the taxable motor vehicle. The tax may be rounded to the nearest whole cent.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country