My car stops charging every time is locks!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Stillso21

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello! I just purchased my mode 3 yesterday, and went to charge it but I noticed that every time the car locks itself, it stops charging in which makes me have to go into the app to unlock for it to charge for a little bit more . Please help!

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don’t, but should I?
Up to you. But I use scheduled charging and when I first plug in, the charger activates. After the car locks, the charger deactivates until the scheduled charge time. Sounded like what you could be experiencing.

Stillso21

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Up to you. But I use scheduled charging and when I first plug in, the charger activates. After the car locks, the charger deactivates until the scheduled charge time. Sounded like what you could be experiencing.
Ohhh okay sounds like a plan thanks

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If it’s not currently on, I do not think this will help you.

Has your battery charge dropped below the set charge limit?

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
How do you know it is not charging? The screen will turn off when locked but it is still charging.

Are you judging by the mobile connector animated Tesla lights? These will turn on when plugged in not only when charging, but also when running HVAC, which runs when you open your car door and a few seconds after you walk away. The car may not be charging because as others mentioned your battery is scheduled to charge at a later time, or because it is already charged at a higher level then the charge limit you set, but will suck power while HVAC is on.

Or maybe something else? Give some more details and will try to figure it out :)

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello! I just purchased my mode 3 yesterday, and went to charge it but I noticed that every time the car locks itself, it stops charging in which makes me have to go into the app to unlock for it to charge for a little bit more . Please help!
On what do you base your conclusion that charging has stopped? A certain visual cue such as the lights on the Mobile Connector or the charge port? The mobile app on your phone? The car's touchscreen? Or?