MVPA Now In Account But Cannot Open File

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello,
I am am scheduled to take delivery of my car on Monday and my MVPA just showed up on my online account. When I click the link that should take me to the file, a .dms file is downloaded. Is this the file format this usually appears as? I cannot figure out how to open it (I am on a Mac). The Lemon Law link also takes me to a .dms file. I have tried multiple browsers, doesn't seem to make a difference.

I want to get a cashiers check right away, so this is a bit frustrating.

Thanks!

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello,
I am am scheduled to take delivery of my car on Monday and my MVPA just showed up on my online account. When I click the link that should take me to the file, a .dms file is downloaded. Is this the file format this usually appears as? I cannot figure out how to open it (I am on a Mac). The Lemon Law link also takes me to a .dms file. I have tried multiple browsers, doesn't seem to make a difference.

I want to get a cashiers check right away, so this is a bit frustrating.

Thanks!
Try changing the extension to .pdf and see if the file opens. What browser do you use? I remember a Safari bug for Mac back in the day where file extensions would be changed to an extension that Macs can’t open — maybe that’s happening here...

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Try changing the extension to .pdf and see if the file opens. What browser do you use? I remember a Safari bug for Mac back in the day where file extensions would be changed to an extension that Macs can’t open — maybe that’s happening here...
Unfortunately with both the Lemon Law and MVPA changing the extension doesn’t work. I get an error that the file is empty, which checks out; they have a file size of zero kB.

I have tried clicking the links in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Unfortunately with both the Lemon Law and MVPA changing the extension doesn’t work. I get an error that the file is empty, which checks out; they have a file size of zero kB.

I have tried clicking the links in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.
Strange, I’m out of ideas on this one unfortunately. I would say call your local Tesla store and ask.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks! Yeah....that is where I landed too. Very odd. Finally got in touch with a very curt ISA (mine is on vacation apparently) who emailed me the MVPA, but had no interest in taking note of my issue or offering an explanation (“who knows, weird things happen all the time”)

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sorry, a little off topic, but where did it show up? I'm taking delivery on Monday, and there's nothing (ISA said it's just not available) but I can't get a check from my lender until I have an MVPA so this whole thing is stressful. Was it a third link - something besides Order Agreement and Lemon Law? Neither loads for me so I can't check it. And how did you get ahold of an ISA - I figured they didn't work weekends.

Thanks!

*edit*: Disregard, local store said contracts works weekends so it should be up before Monday. I'll keep this post up in case others have similar issues.

*edit 2*: For those who have similar issues, call Tesla's 888 number, because that's the only time I got any movement on any issues. And thankfully even Sunday night people are working. I got the MVPA emailed to me by having an ISA escalate the issue, and it came within 15 minutes. I signed it, and eventually got the signed one back after a few emails. The whole process is an unorganized mess now, so if you need your MVPA ASAP, don't trust it will just show up. Like my MVPA link doesn't load. But over phone/email, I have PDF's.

Last edited:
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sorry, a little off topic, but where did it show up? I'm taking delivery on Monday, and there's nothing (ISA said it's just not available) but I can't get a check from my lender until I have an MVPA so this whole thing is stressful. Was it a third link - something besides Order Agreement and Lemon Law? Neither loads for me so I can't check it. And how did you get ahold of an ISA - I figured they didn't work weekends.

Thanks!

*edit*: Disregard, local store said contracts works weekends so it should be up before Monday. I'll keep this post up in case others have similar issues.
Mine showed up with the Lemon Law document link, replacing the Order Agreement. Glad to hear I am not the only one having issues getting documents to load though. As far as speaking to someone, it sounds like you got it covered. My ISA gave me a phone number, but I believe it was just the main 888 number. Even once the link goes live for you, you might have to reach out to have someone email you the file.