Mustang Mach E Leaks before Reveal...

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
From Jalopnik:

https://jalopnik.com/2020-ford-mustang-mach-e-heres-the-car-price-and-0-60-1839875945

The short story:

$35k - $60k.

230 - 300 mile range

0-60 in mid 3's (supposedly I didn't see this page) to mid 6's

RWD and AWD.

150 kW DC fast charging.

Model S / X interior straight up ripoff.

From the front looks good. From the rear looks like a Model Y with Mustang Taillights to me.

Mustang purists are going to lose their collective minds. But I understand why they did it. Previous Ford EV / PHEV attempts have been compliance cars. They are attempting to do the same thing that Porsche did with the Taycan....EV's are exciting! Look at the exciting EV so you don't notice when we bombard you with the unexciting ones. Wonder how much of this is Rivian and how much is Ford...

android04

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Doesn't look bad, but I don't like the name. I think it's more likely that Volkswagen collaborated with Ford for the drivetrain and battery pack than Rivian. I think I remember Ford and VW coming to an agreement to work together on electric cars before Rivian was unveiled. Rivian is more likely to help with their pickup platform.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Doesn't look bad, but I don't like the name. I think it's more likely that Volkswagen collaborated with Ford for the drivetrain and battery pack than Rivian. I think I remember Ford and VW coming to an agreement to work together on electric cars before Rivian was unveiled. Rivian is more likely to help with their pickup platform.
Probably right. I think Rivian came along too late in the game to be a major player on this one.

Silvermagic3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When you factor in the full tax credit* they aren't too badly priced. My wife wants the Model Y so we'll look this over when the time comes, just for comparisons, but the Supercharging network, software updates, and not dealing with a dealership is worth thousands of dollars to us.

*If you pay enough taxes to take advantage of the full amount.

Achooo

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is it just me or does the rear half of the Mach E look like a rip off of the Model Y?

but the Supercharging network, software updates, and not dealing with a dealership is worth thousands of dollars to us.
Also, totally agree with this statement. I keep looking at other manufacturers for our possible next EV, but keep coming back to Tesla for these advantages that frankly are going to be next to impossible to compete with. I would much rather buy my EV from a company that exists from the ground up with the vision of making the best cars in the world that happen to be EV's.

Edit: spelling.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I would much rather buy my EV from a company that exists from the ground up with the vision of making the best cars in the world that happen to be EV's.
IMO, Tesla makes the best EV's in the world. They don't make the best cars in the world.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot I love about Tesla that will be difficult to replicate elsewhere. But there are other things I don't love. And not everything about a legacy auto manufacturer is bad, IMO. Especially if you want service quickly.

There is no perfect solution, right now. But the more competition, the better for all of us. It will also force Tesla to improve as well.

Nom

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I love my car (Model 3). I really enjoy the clean / minimalist interior. I would say, Tesla could stand to improve the car's exterior beauty. I know, it is in the eye of the beholder. The other EVs in the news recently (Porch Taycan and Audi eTron) are two damn good looking cars. A step or two ahead of what the model Y looks like. This Ford is looking pretty sweet as well.

There's a lot more to a car than the exterior looks. Seems like those other areas have Tesla's focus. And Audi and Ford have been designing car exteriors for a long time. But I do think Tesla should up up the exterior design flair. IMHO. I'm sure some others will disagree.

On the Ford - those leaked numbers are somewhat shocking me. If true, pretty damn impressive first effort. I don't expect efficiency to match the Model Y (similar range perhaps but I expect because of a bigger battery - I could look this up to be sure but i'm being lazy) but the price and acceleration numbers are pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.