Must Have Apps for Any Tesla

Doug Joubert

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, fellow Tesla folks, if you were to suggest apps to use, which one(s) would you urge others to download? My Tesla sales person said to get Plug Share, but are there others?

bradkeller

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd also recommend SemaConnect. They've got a number of free chargers that don't show up on PlugShare, for some reason. You'd need to establish an account with them, put $10 in the account, and then wait for them to mail you a card. But it's worth it, in my opinion.

Also, TezLab is fun. They send you an email every morning with stats about the previous day.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

bradkeller

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's really strange, since SemaConnect touts their relationship with PlugShare.
https://www.semaconnect.com/plugshare-capabilities/
https://www.semaconnect.com/the-network/plugshare-capabilities/

Perhaps you've somehow filtered out the SemaConnect chargers in your current PlugShare view?
It might just be a problem with me, but in my Plugshare app, and on the Plugshare website, I've double checked that I wanted SemaConnect results to show up, and the public charger right across the street from me doesn't show up. I wish I could figure out why they don't overlap fully.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wasn’t teslafi suspected by some of contributing to the “phantom battery drain” issue? Was this ever proven to be false?
TeslaFi doesn't ADD any drain as long as you have your sleep settings configured. Some OS updates have conflicted with sleep functionality and other offline issues, but as of the 32.X series all is well again for me.

teslafi-sleep-jpg.14061

James at TeslaFi has been great at addressing issues as they arise and continues to develop the apps functionality. Can't imagine giving it up honestly...been running since day-1.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Doug Joubert

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
+1 for TeslaFi. I played around with the Tesla API last night, and after seeing how little data is actually available, I'm all the more impressed with what TeslaFi has built. Sign me up!

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm addicted to TeslaFi! I pull it up several times a day so see all sorts of stats, and I love that it shows you the cost of every drive and charge if you enter in your pricing. That said, @NJturtlePower it's upsetting seeing how much cheaper yours is!
I watch it like a hawk when my wife gets to take the car on a long trip for work :)

@Doug Joubert referral codes just double your trial period and are user-entered and probably the same as forum usernames if you try a few

Here's my August if you're curious:

Doug Joubert

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm addicted to TeslaFi! I pull it up several times a day so see all sorts of stats, and I love that it shows you the cost of every drive and charge if you enter in your pricing. That said, @NJturtlePower it's upsetting seeing how much cheaper yours is!
I watch it like a hawk when my wife gets to take the car on a long trip for work :)

@Doug Joubert referral codes just double your trial period and are user-entered and probably the same as forum usernames if you try a few

Here's my August if you're curious:
View attachment 14275
@JWardell , thank you for the feedback. I'm not ready for TeslaFi just yet. Gotta get used to how to set up Easy Entry, first. ;)

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was planning to get Dashboard for Tesla, mostly for the widgets and Android Wear support. But not sure that I need it now with the app shortcuts in the permanent notification. Probably still getting it for the Android Wear support to monitor state of charge easily or pop the frunk without pulling out my phone.

evannole

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I decided to try TeslaFi last night. The data available is quite interesting, if a bit overwhelming. I also appreciate the ability to schedule my AC to come on shortly before my usual departure time for work. One less thing to think about before I have had my coffee.

To those of you who also use TeslaFi, have you turned off Cabin Overheat Protection, as TeslaFi suggests you do in order to maximize the possibility of the car going to sleep during the day? I like Cabin Overheat Protection and have no intention of switching it off. Will TeslaFi cause significant additional battery drain on top of COP if I keep COP turned on? Or is COP already preventing the car from sleeping while it's out in the hot sun? If the latter, I really don't care, but if having TeslaFi on top of COP causes significant additional batter drain, I will probably jettison TeslaFi.

Thanks for any feedback!