Mud guards for gravel and winter conditions

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For anyone looking for a more candid photo with them on

View attachment 30232
I sincerely hope you guys have some sort of PPF in all 4 corners of those oem style mudguards. Search up oem mudguard damage. Legit paint damage and fading overtime UNLESS you plan to keep them on during it’s lifetime, then you’re only blocking the view of the damage while the paint gets eaten away from the vibration and rubbing.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I sincerely hope you guys have some sort of PPF in all 4 corners of those oem style mudguards. Search up oem mudguard damage. Legit paint damage and fading overtime UNLESS you plan to keep them on during it’s lifetime, then you’re only blocking the view of the damage while the paint gets eaten away from the vibration and rubbing.
They've been warned. ;)

Be careful with mudflaps that lay against the body like that. All the little grains of sand and salt and rock particles get stuck in there and wear away the paint in those areas.

slave0418

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I did put this kind of paint protection under flaps. https://ko.aliexpress.com/item/4000...Hc_a7_Oi9XD_kiNI7KAaAs7REALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
s-l640-copy-jpg.30262

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Another great thing about rallyarmor mudflaps is that I can shift it wider or narrower. This is at the middle placement. These flaps have rounded rectangular cut slots that allow you to shift it left and right before tightening. No drilling. It Comes with bracket and hardware.
03264bc9-4319-4abc-a170-9324ffc9572d-jpeg.30311
4d12717c-b18b-4ef6-8ea7-2093858f6e1f-jpeg.30312
e850e215-acc8-4518-8207-64502fb8f8c8-jpeg.30313
63ccf028-a536-4292-bca8-50bf8498f889-jpeg.30314
64b0cb38-e165-4cb8-9168-cdcbda553349-jpeg.30315

Last edited:

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For anyone looking for a more candid photo with them on

View attachment 30232
I have the same set, easy to install, affordable and don't deter from the look of the car. HIGHLY recommend putting some PPF in the areas that they touch the paint, my car was done in XPel Stealth
img_1378-jpg.30317

dsgerbc

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Another great thing about rallyarmor mudflaps is that I can shift it wider or narrower. This is at the middle placement. These flaps have rounded rectangular cut slots that allow you to shift it left and right before tightening. No drilling. It Comes with bracket and hardware
Are you the test car? Any clue when these would be released? Any idea of the price? I'm on their pre-order list, but haven't heard anything in weeks.

Country
Country
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Are you the test car? Any clue when these would be released? Any idea of the price? I'm on their pre-order list, but haven't heard anything in weeks.
Yes. They’re at SEMA right now. Once they’re back, they’re going to finish the instructions and diagrams. The molds and brackets are done. I’m told another “couple weeks”. This is the 2nd and final prototype, the previous was was a bit too long/low. The owner was unhappy with the first type, otherwise it would’ve been launched a couple weeks ago.

Are these the universal ones?
these are their URETHANE ones, not launched yet. Couple more weeks.

Mysta

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have a wrap and ppf, so yeah, think I'm good. ;) Appreciate you looking out though

Last edited:

FurryOne

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Good idea- Thanks! I'll be adding some PPF under mine when it arrives, but when I mounted mine I coated the area with Cosmoline.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I installed these here...

Amazon product
IMO there are now dozens of sellers of the same rebadged chinese part...pick the $20 or $40 option and you'll see they are EXACTLY the same. ;)

My rocker panels already have full PPF so these worked out great in the front where the edge was lifting a bit and catching dirt...now its covered and held on securely under the flap.

Mesprit87

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My right hand side broke after 3 weeks, maybe I've hit something who knows.
Anyway the point of my post is the efficiency of those short guards.
From the pictures you can see they do a decent job of protecting the doors but the rocker panels still get much of the blast. Compare my pictures of the Lefthand installed and the righthand missing.
20191113_165919-jpg.30521
20191113_165930-jpg.30522

Now I have plans to use standard rubber splash guards in front, I will try and use the original plastic ones for stiffening the rubber.
It will give me a chance to lower them a bit. Of course the fastening devices (that partially broke during removal) will have to be replaced by something like nut plates and SS bolts.
Will keep you posted.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
From the pictures you can see they do a decent job of protecting the doors but the rocker panels still get much of the blast. Compare my pictures of the Lefthand installed and the righthand missing. View attachment 30521 View attachment 30522
Now I have plans to use standard rubber splash guards in front, I will try and use the original plastic ones for stiffening the rubber. View attachment 30523
It will give me a chance to lower them a bit. Of course the fastening devices (that partially broke during removal) will have to be replaced by something like nut plates and SS bolts.
Will keep you posted.
Ouch!

When I installed my winter tires/wheels two weeks ago, I also swapped out (front wheel wells only) the "California Edition" (a.k.a. small) mud flaps (the ones made by EVmudflaps in Quebec) for the "North Edition" (a.k.a. large) mud flaps.

My plan is to wear the large ones in winter, small ones the other three seasons.

I hope these large ones do not snap like yours have done, and I'll keep you posted as well.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
From the pictures you can see they do a decent job of protecting the doors but the rocker panels still get much of the blast. Compare my pictures of the Lefthand installed and the righthand missing..
And you're running OEM sized tires?