MPP VSC KILLER - TCS/VSC Defeat

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

anech

Country
Country
Not exactly sure just yet, we are sending out some kits to Beta testers!
What does it take to be a beta tester? haha. I'm enjoying your comfort coil overs, they stopped me from considering an upgrade to a performance version and from upgrading the wheels. I am really enjoying my light real wheel drive M3 now! Both, handling and looks wise.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh wow you’ve got my attention.

So in the video you mention adjustable slip angles... is this acting like a virtual limited slip diff? Or is it still one wheel drive with an open diff?
When Sasha refers to slip he is referring to the amount of wheel spin in the rear, the VSC Killer has variable amounts, so you can have 10% speed difference between F - R wheels up to no limit. This means you can just floor the throttle and the car will drift easily and controllably. This is necessary because unlike an ICE car where you just hit the rev limiter in 2nd or 3rd gear, the Model 3 will spin the wheels all the way up to top speed almost instantly.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is necessary because unlike an ICE car where you just hit the rev limiter in 2nd or 3rd gear, the Model 3 will spin the wheels all the way up to top speed almost instantly.
Electric cars without proper traction control are difficult to control, and quite scary... and extremely fun.

b0n3z

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would also be interested in beta testing this if possible. I'm already trying to source a Sumitomo male and female harness to make a pass through and read the CAN bus.

Last edited:

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would also be interested in beta testing this if possible. I'm already trying to source a Sumitomo male and female harness to make a pass through and read the CAN bus.
The connector we have says Delphi/Aptiv on it, so we have been chasing down every lead in that regard. Do you think it is worth going through the Sumitomo catolog?

b0n3z

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The connector we have says Delphi/Aptiv on it, so we have been chasing down every lead in that regard. Do you think it is worth going through the Sumitomo catolog?
Do you have a part number for the male and female plugs from Delphi/Aptiv ?

From Sumitomo - I have the following. But it's very difficult to source certain parts or in lower quantities to make this pass-through cable.

Female Housing
6098-5622 TS series 20 way

Female Pins
8100-3624 TS series female pin 0.22-0.35mm2 wire (need 16)
8240-0214 TS series female pin 2.0mm2 wire (need 4)

Male Housing
6098-5613 TS series 20 way male housing

Male Pins
8100-3622 TS series male pin 0.22-0.35mm2 wire (need 16)
8230-4923 TS series male pin 2.0mm2 wire (need 4)

capture-jpg.21321

MrMannilow

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Within driving distance to you guys would love to volunteer to beta test! My cars been in the garage for 3 weeks give me a reason to drive it!! 😄😄

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you have a part number for the male and female plugs from Delphi/Aptiv ?

From Sumitomo - I have the following. But it's very difficult to source certain parts or in lower quantities to make this pass-through cable.

Female Housing
6098-5622 TS series 20 way

Female Pins
8100-3624 TS series female pin 0.22-0.35mm2 wire (need 16)
8240-0214 TS series female pin 2.0mm2 wire (need 4)

Male Housing
6098-5613 TS series 20 way male housing

Male Pins
8100-3622 TS series male pin 0.22-0.35mm2 wire (need 16)
8230-4923 TS series male pin 2.0mm2 wire (need 4)

View attachment 21321
That is very close, but not the connector we need. No Aptiv or Delphi part numbers either!

PandaM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This device is for fun only, no responsible range improvement!
By fun you also mean it can improve laptimes around a track?

Also... does this mean that the characteristics are going to be similar to a rwd car with an open diff? or is this somehow mimicking the performance of a limited slip differential?

This may make me want to use my Tesla as my track toy... excited!!!