MPP VSC KILLER - TCS/VSC Defeat

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is where we will post updates on our own MPP Track Mode!

Some of you may have seen the video of our last track test, where Sasha was able to perform effortless drifts in our RWD Model 3. Despite the open differential, this car is fantastic to slide around. The instant torque is able to overwhelm the rear tires, meaning there is less of a need for a limited-slip differential.

The weight distribution and low centre of gravity make it so easy to control without any violent inputs like clutch-kicking, not that you could if you wanted!

Our Track Mode Device also allowed us to beat our previous lap record by a sizeable amount. Even if you aren't trying to slide, the TCS and VSC interfere constantly when driving at speed, reducing corner exit speed and limiting the amount of rotation you can influence on the car during cornering.

The main reason we have been working tirelessly on this device is to allow Model 3 owners to take on ICE vehicles without having to disable their ABS, which is the biggest issue with disconnecting your wheel speed sensors at the track.

We are working on packaging this in an affordable, plug-and-play module that can be installed easily and activated and deactivated with only the push of a button.

Check out this video, like and support us and help us continue our quest to make the Model 3 the greatest street and track EV ever made!

Will H

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Will you have any control on adjusting the Regen? like to make it more aggressive for tack use?

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We want to update everyone - we are making good progress, and are currently sourcing OEM connectors to use in the kits. One of our conditions for the consumer model is plug-and-play compatibility. It needs to be completely reversible and involve no wiring.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Cant wait to see pricing on the. While the 3's VSC is pretty good, the slip and catch slip and catch is definitely reducing the involvement of the car, not to mention its ultimate performance. Nevermind being able to disable TCS for wet/snowy shenanigans.

The steering wheel and "throttle" are all I want or need in the traction and stability control departments. From what I have seen Track Mode will not offer a full defeat anyway, necessitating this mod.

FF35

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Count me in. I’m definitely interested! Of course, it depends on cost!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
will you be making this available for all variants? I know its a weird question but I wasn't sure if there was going to be huge differences between RWD and AWD models.

HvyMtlChaos

Country
Country
Heard about MPP from this video
I have a RWD Model 3 and love what you're doing with the disable device. I'd definitely be interested in one when you come out with it! When talking to other car enthusiasts, not being able to disable TCS & VSC is a big letdown and something like this would let even more people get excited about the car all of us here already love.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Checking in to see if there is any progress on this. Just signed up for Tesla Corsa and would like to be able to defeat the stability controls. My p3d- probably won't have track mode by the Jan 27th 😢 but fingers crossed Elon keeps his word.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Checking in to see if there is any progress on this. Just signed up for Tesla Corsa and would like to be able to defeat the stability controls. My p3d- probably won't have track mode by the Jan 27th 😢 but fingers crossed Elon keeps his word.
We are making progress, but it won't be in time for your track day. Please get some photos and videos to share with the forum!

hanskies

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am definitely interested in this mod too. I've got the AWD non performance, but this sounds like fun. I'm curious how driftable the AWD version of the car is with this device, any thoughts?

Jim H

Country
Country
I am also waiting for Track Mode for my p3d-. Then I will replace the tires, and look for MPP double adjustable shocks, and brake upgrade. Full potential of these cars will not be achieved until we can deactivate some of the stability controls. Until then, I'll use up the MXM's.
Elon we are patiently waiting for Track Mode for our p3d- cars. We want to have some more fun also.

MrMannilow

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh I'm subbed and patiently awaiting development!! Mountain Pass tuned my 370z and they are awesome!! Sasha is THE MAN!!

Needless to say now that I have my Model 3 this might be getting sold. But there's something to ripping the rear tires off that I'm not sure I'll be able to do without lol.

2019-01-28_09-35-51.jpg

JRK

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am also waiting for Track Mode for my p3d-. Then I will replace the tires, and look for MPP double adjustable shocks, and brake upgrade. Full potential of these cars will not be achieved until we can deactivate some of the stability controls. Until then, I'll use up the MXM's.
Elon we are patiently waiting for Track Mode for our p3d- cars. We want to have some more fun also.
Are we sure that performance non PUP owners will receive track mode? I know Elon tweeted we would but not sure I buy it.

If not, this track mode sounds like a must!