MPP Page Mill Stainless Steel Brake Lines

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We are excited to announce that our MPP Page Mill Stainless Steel Brake Lines are now available! Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered, you helped make these possible. The community is #1, without your support we wouldn't be able to keep pushing the M3 to be its best, and the best.

Incredible braking feel and durability.
  • High-Quality Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
  • Improved pedal feel and braking performance
  • OEM fitment
  • DOT Approved
  • Made in the U.S.A.
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Blue PVC coating for added protection
  • Includes front and rear lines, all brackets and hardware
Fits these vehicles: Model 3 RWD, Dual Motor, Performance, Performance with PUO

https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/product/mpp-stainless-steel-brake-lines/

Last edited:

Oyster Bait

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Without PUP? Are you planning to offer a kit for M3 Performance models with PUO?

[mod edit: PUO for Performance Upgrade Option. PUP = Premium Upgrade Package]

Last edited by a moderator:

Oyster Bait

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, do they fit?

And, is there anything unusual about bleeding the M3's brakes, compared with, say, a '49 Chevy's?

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, do they fit?

And, is there anything unusual about bleeding the M3's brakes, compared with, say, a '49 Chevy's?
Update, we installed these on a P3D+ and raced on Buttonwillow Raceway last week! We can officially say they fit. Cameron was amazed at the pedal feel, this is definitely a mod everyone should start with!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just installed this set of SS brake lines on my Model 3 tonight, and everything was mostly straightforward. I bled my brakes with ATE Super Blue, since I am familiar with it for all of my other cars. I'll need to drive the car a bit more to know how much better things are, but I can say that I was not super happy with the stock Model 3 brake feel, when compared to my other current and past cars with upgrade brake pads and SS brake lines. I'm currently comparing brake feeling with my daily driver, a BMW E46 M3 (stock brake setup).

On my quick test drive, the brake feeling does seem better, and stopping feels much more consistent.

dfw

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
If I'm disappointed with the pedal feel on a model 3 performance, would the lines improve that ?

SD_ENGNR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If I'm disappointed with the pedal feel on a model 3 performance, would the lines improve that ?
I'm going with yes, yes it will. I had them installed right before heading to Buttonwillow last weekend, and they are great. Not just on the track, but also daily driving. I (like I imagine many Model 3 owners), don't use the brakes all too often, but when I've used them lately, the pedal feel has been firmer. Especially when I got stuck in the stop and go traffic in LA (no EAP here... ).

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@dfw what don't you like about the brake feel? Do you have the Performance Upgrade?

I think the stock brake pedal feel on Model 3 Performance with the Performance Upgrade is very good. It's firm and progressive for me. I can definitely feel what the brakes are doing through the pedal.

Could it be firmer? Possibly, but the stock Brembo upgrade brakes are very good.

That said, I probably will try MPP's brake hoses along with pads and racing fluid eventually. Definitely doing at least pads before any time on a track.

@SD_ENGNR what pads did you run on the track?

P.S. I've found EAP very useful on long road trips and also in bumper to bumper traffic. I use it much more than I expected, and it's very helpful at workload reduction, particularly in traffic. I also enjoy driving the car manually very much. It's a great driving car, if slightly heavy.

Last edited:

dfw

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Are there going to be calipers that are an upgrade for stock performance rotors?

Guess I'll order lines and whatever else sounds cool before the coilovers come in.

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are there going to be calipers that are an upgrade for stock performance rotors?

Guess I'll order lines and whatever else sounds cool before the coilovers come in.
The Brembo calipers of the stock Performance Upgrade are their latest technology for lightness. They're excellent calipers.