MPP Model 3 Sports Coilovers RWD

MountainPass

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The ultimate in street and track performance.

We’re extremely excited to bring you our jointly developed MPP / KW Coilovers. A partnership between MPP and KW Suspensions, we have designed the very coilovers we dreamed of. We had the opportunity to work with a number of different suspension manufacturers but went with KW as they have always been the damper of choice for us on road cars. Incredible ride quality, huge adjustment range and built for the long haul. We’ve developed these dampers on some of the best roads in the country, and we can assure you that these coilovers exceed the quality and performance of anything even remotely close in cost.

• Specially designed to provide the highest quality driving experience, no drawbacks such as a harsh ride or noises.
  • Rebound adjustable, with significant and noticeable changes with every click. Unlike some adjustable coilovers that claim to have many clicks or a wide adjustment range, these coilovers have true motorsport damper technology and the adjustment in the low speed range is over 300%!
  • Compression adjustable, with significant and noticeable changes with every click. Full soft to full stiff compression is over 350% difference in forces at some damper speeds.
  • Spring rates designed for sports road driving. With the compression and rebound adjustment turned down the ride is more comfortable than OEM suspension.
  • Height adjustable from 10mm below factory ride height down to 60mm below factory.
  • Stainless steel bodies for optimal corrosion resistance and durability
  • Progressive bump rubbers tuned to engage only in the most aggressive compressions while keeping the chassis composed.
  • Utilize the OEM upper hats for minimum NVH transmitted into the cabin. No spherical bearings to clunk and transmit road noise!
  • Bolt-in installation. A competent shop can have these coilovers installed in 3.5 hours.
https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/product/mpp-model-3-sports-coilovers/

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Of course, we are a bit biased Ravi, Coilovers!
Here is the first set of pictures. Still need an alignment and a few height adjustments. For reference, I am 1.25" from bottom out in the front and fully bottomed out in the rear. They have not settled into final position yet.

My only note during the install: Front Isolators need to be removed as they do not fit on the new spring.

Shoutout to Winn Autosports in Santa Ana, CA for the build and future builds.
Front Close-up.jpg Front Fitment.jpg Rear Fitment.jpg Rear Height.jpg

Last edited:

MountainPass

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is the first set of pictures. Still need an alignment and a few height adjustments. For reference, I am 1.25" from bottom out in the front and fully bottomed out in the rear. They have not settled into final position yet.

My only note during the install: Front Isolators need to be removed as they do not fit on the new spring.

Shoutout to Winn Autosports in Santa Ana, CA for the build and future builds.
View attachment 18337 View attachment 18338 View attachment 18339 View attachment 18340
Awesome Ravi, if your new wheels are big you might end up raising it! The rear should settle in nicely with some driving. The rear spring perch can't be any smaller, and we chose a spring length that gave the widest range of height settings. If you still want to go lower in the rear, you can consider cutting off a small amount of coil from the bottom of the rear spring. It will increase the spring rate as well, which never hurts when you are running a car very low. Just add some paint to prevent the bare end of the spring from rusting where you cut it. #stancelife

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The adjustments are not final yet, especially in the front. When the front strut was bottomed out the car sat on the ground, so we had to raise it, but it seems like it wasn't enough. Wheels will be ordered after an alignment hopefully a week from today, but I need the alignment to know the offset.

How much lower will the rear settle?

MountainPass

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The adjustments are not final yet, especially in the front. When the front strut was bottomed out the car sat on the ground, so we had to raise it, but it seems like it wasn't enough. Wheels will be ordered after an alignment hopefully a week from today, but I need the alignment to know the offset.

How much lower will the rear settle?
The rear will settle about 1/4"-1/2"

anech

Country
Country
The rear will settle about 1/4"-1/2"
Hi, should I do alignment right after the coil over install or should I wait and drive the car? I get mixed results when searching the web. I have a box of comfort coil overs in my living room and trying to figure out if I can make it to Jan 1st to get lifetime alignment from Firestone for $120 instead of $200 o_O
Thank you!

MountainPass

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi, should I do alignment right after the coil over install or should I wait and drive the car? I get mixed results when searching the web. I have a box of comfort coil overs in my living room and trying to figure out if I can make it to Jan 1st to get lifetime alignment from Firestone for $120 instead of $200 o_O
Thank you!
The usual practice for shops is to install the coilovers, drive the car around the parking lot and bounce the suspension then align it. The change in camber/toe from the settling of the springs is negligible. Imagine if you put luggage in your trunk, it would lower your car the same amount without wildly affecting your alignment!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is the update on my build. Extremely comfortable for a sport coilover system. They are not set all the way low as the car would sit on the ground, but the settings are 10 on stiffness and 8 on rebound all around. The control arms were extremely easy to install as they are plug n' play and seem to be set to account for a lowered car.

All pictures are labeled.

Installed by Winn Autosports in Santa Ana, CA. Parts supplied by Mountain Pass Performance.

........AND THE BUILD continues

Attachments