MPP Coilover documentation for europe - What are the requirements in your country?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

3LR

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I´ve contacted MPP to ask about documentation for their coilovers. They are looking into TüV, but this is an expensive and time consuming process.
To help MPP figure out the required documentation needed to legally run their coilover kits on the street in europe, I was hoping europeans could post their countrys laws/regulations here.

Norway requirements are in very simplified terms:
Papers from the cars manufacturer stating that the aftermarket part in question is approved for use on their car. (this almost never happens due to liability issues)
Papers from third party testing facilities like TüV that state that the part is safe for use on the vehicle.
We need to then install the part, have the car aligned and bring part documentation and alignment printout to our "DMV" to get the part added to the vehicles title.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In my country - The Netherlands - there is no regulation against adaptation of your suspension. As far as I know.
Older cars are tested regularly (yearly) whether they still conform to general testing criteria. This is the General Periodical Test (APK), similar to the German TüV-test. As an owner you have a legal obligation to safeguard the safety of your car,

As a lover of Citroën hydraulic suspension I'm waiting for Smart Air Suspension, before ordering my Model 3.

Jhac

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I believe this would be enough in Portugal:

Papers from the cars manufacturer stating that the aftermarket part in question is approved for use on their car. (this almost never happens due to liability issues)

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just for anyone curious, we do ship worldwide. Make sure to know the specifics of the rules in your country so you avoid any issues registering your car! We are working on TUV but it is a long and expensive process.