• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was thinking a little taller and/or skinnier for snows.
As a data point, I got 18"x8.0" wheels for winter (half-inch skinnier than stock).
But I installed slightly larger 245/45R18 tires.

The main benefit is that the tire sidewall sticks out a little bit past the edge of the rim. It was enough to prevent me from curbing the wheels one time when I rubbed up against a curb.

Reactions: 2 people

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
TOO Sponsor Vendor
TOO Advertiser
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We are running our winter tire setup which I would consider to be the absolute maximum overall diameter. It just barely touches the fender liners when turning. 19x8.5 with 245/55R19 tires.

1605712192471.png

Reactions: 1 person

Atraf

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We went with 19" wheels because we are running our Stoptech STR60 BBK, but the 18" setup works well too.
A little off topic but, are there 18" wheels that can clear the Stoptech STR60 BBK? (also, any progress on that prototype MPP wheels we saw a few months back?)

kevinkeenan

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Installed on Thursday. Car definitely has a different feeling. Liking it so far, though. 245/45-18 winter tires going on soon. 👍

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sasha, you mention it barely touching the fender liners when turning, what about when you hit bumps?

Zanderxo

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Am planning to lift my model 3 (when I get it), and MPP looks like the way to go. In addition to installing the lift kit and performing a wheel alignment, their web site mentions this: "... it is recommended to add our rear camber arms to restore the negative camber back to the suggested range."
Anyone out there with experience with this? How long does the total installation take, cost, perform, etc.?

Atraf

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Am planning to lift my model 3 (when I get it), and MPP looks like the way to go. In addition to installing the lift kit and performing a wheel alignment, their web site mentions this: "... it is recommended to add our rear camber arms to restore the negative camber back to the suggested range."
Anyone out there with experience with this? How long does the total installation take, cost, perform, etc.?

Rear Camber Arms are about half hour of labor - rate my vary, about $70
Lift kit is about 2 hours of labor, so about $280

Really depends on how much money the shop has to spend on rent haha

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.