MPP 1.75″ Suspension Lift Kit

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Increase your Tesla Model 3’s ground clearance

• 2″ increase in ground clearance to clear snow, speedbumps, rough terrain, steep driveways and other obstacles.
  • Compatible with all models, including cars equipped with lowering springs or coilovers.
  • CNC Aluminum Spacers anodized to resist the elements and look great.
  • Improved entry and exit for those with accessibility requirements.

We are finally offering these on our site! The lift kit started off as a crazy custom request but ended up being something many Model 3 owners want. Much like a lift kit you might find on a 4x4 truck, this allows you to utilize your stock or aftermarket suspension and raise the car/battery without affecting ride quality.

If you have a crazy idea you want to be made into a reality, let us know! We love tackling problems and designing parts, it's why we are doing this in the first place.

https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/product/mpp-2-suspension-lift-kit/

Oyster Bait

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sort of feel like this is a dumb question, but does the kit lift all four corners, or just the rear?

I shouldn't feel the need to ask.

PandaM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I feel like this needs plastic cladding on the wheel arches + plastic cladding on the side skirts + fake skid plate looking cladding on the front and rear bumpers to complete the look... + brushed steel rear bumper protector below the trunk. Also a swap to the 18 inch wheels with a more aggressive offroad pattern would do it too.

This would compare nicely against the Polestar 2 since it is raised and made to look all offroady.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I feel like this needs plastic cladding on the wheel arches + plastic cladding on the side skirts + fake skid plate looking cladding on the front and rear bumpers to complete the look... + brushed steel rear bumper protector below the trunk. Also a swap to the 18 inch wheels with a more aggressive offroad pattern would do it too.

This would compare nicely against the Polestar 2 since it is raised and made to look all offroady.
It's also cool when they cut the bottom half of the front and rear bumper off to improve approach angles.

PandaM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's also cool when they cut the bottom half of the front and rear bumper off to improve approach angles.
Ooh safari style Model 3 (kinda like a safari style 911)... hmmm

Can also make light weight skid plates from the same material used to make plastic cutting boards... the car just slides right over the obstacles and stays light weight.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m 100% getting this for our future model Y. Lack of ground clearance was my only gripe, especially here in Colorado.

I hope the Y’s ground clearance is at least a bit more than the 3. I’d really like to have 8” total.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope the Y’s ground clearance is at least a bit more than the 3. I’d really like to have 8” total.
Nothing official from Tesla yet, but it looks like the Y has about 3" more ground clearance that the 3.

In his video from today, @TrevP said he thought the Model Y was about 3" higher than the Model 3 (which is 5.5"). That would make the ground clearance for the Model Y 8.5".
I can believe it. Compare the chassis photos of the 3 and Y.
Compare how the center of the wheel lines up with the rocker panels.

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Installation details for this kit? I have the comfort coilovers on pre-order.
Since they were one-off kits before, we didn't make a proper instructions/video. When this new batch arrives we will make all the MPP level instructions. In short, they bolt on top of the front top hats, and spacers are installed on the rear dampers and springs. It takes Jesse about 1.25 hours to install on the floor with hand tools.

MMMGP

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since they were one-off kits before, we didn't make a proper instructions/video. When this new batch arrives we will make all the MPP level instructions. In short, they bolt on top of the front top hats, and spacers are installed on the rear dampers and springs. It takes Jesse about 1.25 hours to install on the floor with hand tools.
Thanks, looking forward to the comfort coilovers and installation instructions for this kit.

maks

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bought a set last night. Apparently my townhome has a driveway with a slope that prevents my model 3 from entering no matter what angle I approach. I'm pretty optimistic this will give me the clearance I need to get in.

Happen to have an EtA for this kit? I see this status...Kits are currently at anodizing as of April 8th

MountainPass

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bought a set last night. Apparently my townhome has a driveway with a slope that prevents my model 3 from entering no matter what angle I approach. I'm pretty optimistic this will give me the clearance I need to get in.

Happen to have an EtA for this kit? I see this status...Kits are currently at anodizing as of April 8th
They are in stock as of today, but probably not for long! We should have made more.

orekart

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just received the email announcing that it's ready for order. I'd paid a deposit for one kit from the second (now official, production) batch. Balance paid, looking forward to the extra clearances.