Monroney Sticker.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh. That rear defroster element has both vertical and horizontal lines (concentric rectangle shapes). In my car's manual, I've read that it's best to clean "along the grain" and not across the lines. It looks a lot more difficult to do that with this window.

ReD eXiLe

Country
Country
Oh. That rear defroster element has both vertical and horizontal lines (concentric rectangle shapes). In my car's manually, I've read that it's best to clean "along the grain" and not across the lines. It looks a lot more difficult to do that with this window.
You mean on the inside? I expect very few will be getting into that area on the Model 3. The area behind the rear seats isn't the most easily accessible space. Assuming that children are seated and buckled in, they won't be messing about there either. The occasional fingerprint or handprint directly above their heads should be easily cleaned, without bothering about the defroster lines at all, I think. Just make sure you have a squeegee on hand.

Model34mePlease

Country
Country
You mean on the inside? I expect very few will be getting into that area on the Model 3. The area behind the rear seats isn't the most easily accessible space. Assuming that children are seated and buckled in, they won't be messing about there either. The occasional fingerprint or handprint directly above their heads should be easily cleaned, without bothering about the defroster lines at all, I think. Just make sure you have a squeegee on hand.
It should be pretty easy to get into that area with the seats folded flat.

ReD eXiLe

Country
Country
It should be pretty easy to get into that area with the seats folded flat.
Hmmm... You don't understand. Since the Model 3 has a trunk and is not a liftback, the flat shelf area behind the seats is a fixed structural member that encloses the trunk. Think of the 'arrow' rear window style of 40+ year old Buicks. A small, young child would have to invert themselves, while climbing backward over the rear seats onto that shelf in order to put greasy paw prints from chocolate, mud pies, and chicken grease in that area. I know, because I was one of those kids, tall and lean for my age (I was probably taller than my 5'-2" Mom before I finished 2nd Grade), and I still couldn't reach all the way back there, and the shelf on the Model 3 is even deeper. In today's world, where Children are strapped tightly into booster seats from birth until the ripe young age of eight or nine, they would never get a chance to make the rear window dirty to begin with, so there's no need to go back there to clean from the inside. In fact, if you pay someone to tint that rear glass, they'll take your money sure, but the guy who has to work on it will curse your name 'til Kingdom Come.

1971 Buick Riviera 'Boat Tail'

Model34mePlease

Country
Country
Hmmm... You don't understand. Since the Model 3 has a trunk and is not a liftback, the flat shelf area behind the seats is a fixed structural member that encloses the trunk. Think of the 'arrow' rear window style of 40+ year old Buicks. A small, young child would have to invert themselves, while climbing backward over the rear seats onto that shelf in order to put greasy paw prints from chocolate, mud pies, and chicken grease in that area. I know, because I was one of those kids, tall and lean for my age (I was probably taller than my 5'-2" Mom before I finished 2nd Grade), and I still couldn't reach all the way back there, and the shelf on the Model 3 is even deeper. In today's world, where Children are strapped tightly into booster seats from birth until the ripe young age of eight or nine, they would never get a chance to make the rear window dirty to begin with, so there's no need to go back there to clean from the inside. In fact, if you pay someone to tint that rear glass, they'll take your money sure, but the guy who has to work on it will curse your name 'til Kingdom Come.

1971 Buick Riviera 'Boat Tail'
upload_2017-8-10_19-54-22-png.2832

ReD eXiLe

Country
Country
Ah, I see what you mean.
Güdt. I noticed this in the schematic drawing behind Elon Musk on the video wall at the Model ☰ Unveil. Since there is nothing directly above the heads of rear seat passengers but the glass, the fixed 'shelf' directly behind the rear seats, but under the glass, acts as a structural member to hold the left & right sides of the car together. I hope these screen captures and video will show what I speak of more clearly than I may have been able to explain verbally...

workspace-1_099-png.2833
workspace-1_100-png.2834
workspace-1_101-png.2835
workspace-1_102-png.2836

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wish this photo wasn't taken with a potato.
Anyhow, my attempt at transcribing.
Corrections welcome!

Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Standard Features

TECHNICAL
Three phase, six pole internal permanent magnet motor
Drive inverter with regenerative braking system
Microprocessor controlled lithium-ion battery
Onboard charger and mobile connector
120 volt, 240 volt and J1772 charging adapters

SAFETY
Seven cameras, forward radar and twelve ultrasonic sensors
Six front row plus two side curtain airbags
Three point safety belts with belt-reminders for driver and four passengers
Two LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) attachments in second row
Electronic stability and traction control
Four wheel antilock disc brakes with electronic parking brake
Child safety locks and manual cargo door release mechanism
Anti Theft Alarm System

INTERIOR
15 inch capacitive touchscreen
Onboard maps and navigation
WiFi and Mobile network connectivity
FM and internet streaming radio
Hands free talking with Bluetooth
Voice activated controls
High definition backup camera
One touch power windows
Dual zone climate control
Heated seats for driver and front passenger
12 volt power outlet and two USB ports for media and power

EXTERIOR
Full LED lighting

As Configured

Model 3 $35,000
Long-Range Battery ???
Premium Upgrades ???
Solid Black ???
19" Wheels ???

Destination and ???
Total vehicle price: ???

EPA
126 eMPG
131 city
120 highway
27 kW-hrs per 100 miles (wow! My 2012 leaf was rated 34)
310 miles range

Last edited:

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Garsh, Thanks for translating. It's pretty interesting to see all it listed out like that. Especially the "Three phase, six pole internal permanent magnet motor" line.

Child safety belts and manual cargo door ???? mechanisms
Also My guess is that the line says:
Child safety locks and manual cargo door release mechanism

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
@garsh, do you think the USB line item says for "media" instead of for music?

Also since this vehicle has the 19" wheels it still says 310 miles EPA rated range! So the 18's will enhance the range. Does this make sense, cause I was worried the 19's would decrease the range below 310 miles.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So 50% US and Canada content and 25% Mexico content, is that good for NAFTA ? So our Canadian friends don't have to pay so much.
Should be good for us. That's 75% North American content on the Model 3. The Model is is only 55% North American

2012-07-27-11-21-31-jpg.3162

Canadian Model S/X owners have to pay 6.1% import duties on account of the cells that were made in Japan (see George Blankenships statement here: https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/blog/tesla-motors-announces-canadian-pricing-model-s) This amount is built into the price of the car.

The NAFTA minimum content threshold for cars is 62.5%

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/nafta/gui...ovisions-specific-sectors/automotive-products

EValuatED

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Updated with both suggestions. :)
Thanks for transcribing! For pricing items, I think the $ are (as best as I can discern):

Model 3 $35,000
Long-Range Battery 9,000
Premium Upgrades 5,000
Solid Black INCLUDED
19" Wheels 1,500

Destination and Registration? Doc Fee $1,000?
Total vehicle price: $51,500?