Mold/Vinegar Smell from A/C

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I pulled my filters out last night, replaced the cap, and set it to non-recirculating mode. I pulled the guard up that covers the intake in the frunk. With the AC on, I intermittently sprayed Lysol down the intake.

Car smelled faintly of "Fresh Linen" this morning ;)

I also noticed a lot of people of the opinion that COP with AC is causing this. I set my COP to not use AC. We'll see if that keeps the smell at bay.

Country
Country
I also noticed a lot of people of the opinion that COP with AC is causing this. I set my COP to not use AC. We'll see if that keeps the smell at bay.
Nope, after about a year with my 3, the AC started getting musty, too, and I only use COP without the AC. I would have thought that would help dry things out after the AC is run in warm weather, but apparently, it's not.

I also noticed that after 2019.12.1.2, I would notice the car running the HVAC fan for a while after parking the car, or at least it sounds like the car is sucking air through it, even when parked in the shade. I thought it was some sort of bug, but I wonder if this was an effort to reduce this issue...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just started noticing this issue as well around the time I hit close to 3k miles on my car and when it started to get really hot enough here in northern California that the a/c really had to start working hard. It goes away eventually, and I'm not sure how to recreate the situation for the SC but I will bring it up to them if/when I can.