Modifications complete - A bunch of them...

ChristianZ

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In my other post, that the moderator moved to the "sponsored" section, apparently because I mentioned the company name??, I followed up that I completed a 90 mile round trip last night that appears to reflect the car is more efficient now than prior to the fascia change. It was only a sample of one, but a good sign. Check out that post for the details.
Do you find the tinted headlights still give enough light at night? Also, can you PM me where to find the answer to the question I asked? I don't know where to look.

Mysta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pretty much, a photo of any Black Model 3 as delivered by Tesla would serve as a good "before shot" :) Do have this one though....

View attachment 23848
1553574255234-png.23921

But for real, is the black in this pick making it look like they're backwards(vs stock) Looks like the 'turbine' faces the other way(in this pic specifically^)

1553573945214-png.23918

Attachments

kizamebute'

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 23921
But for real, is the black in this pick making it look like they're backwards(vs stock) Looks like the 'turbine' faces the other way(in this pic specifically^)

View attachment 23918
Look closer, not the same style of wheel. My wheels are not stock Model 3 wheels. But to answer your question, as far as I know, they only make one style wheel, meaning no left and right side wheels. So, I guess two wheels, on either style will always be technically going "backwards".

Edit: Looked at photos of brand new Tesla's, Model S, X & 3, and yes, two wheels are technically always going backwards, confirming my prior statement.

Last edited:

Mysta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Look closer, not the same style of wheel. My wheels are not stock Model 3 wheels. But to answer your question, as far as I know, they only make one style wheel, meaning no left and right side wheels. So, I guess two wheels, on either style will always be technically going "backwards".

Edit: Looked at photos of brand new Tesla's, Model S, X & 3, and yes, two wheels are technically always going backwards, confirming my prior statement.
Yeah! Exactly, was just saying that in first post, didn't realize they went backwards from stock. with the TST that is.

kizamebute'

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah! Exactly, was just saying that in first post, didn't realize they went backwards from stock. with the TST that is.
All good. I was missing what you were saying, then caught on to it. I think you just set off a lot of people's OCD by pointing that out! LOL. I personally had never paid attention to it and didn't notice it until now. I guess it is a little surprising being that they are supposedly designed for aero benefits. Not sure if they're aerodynamically beneficial when running "backwards"??

theloneranger08

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got the car washed and got some better photos. Unfortunately, still a cloudy day.

Lowered 1 inch (These things sit way too high for my liking). With the short front nose on the M3, no issues with scraping the nose, even lowered.
20" Staggered Gloss Black Wheels (20" x 8.5", 35mm offset - Front / 20" x 10", 40 MM offset - Rear)
Blacked out (Chrome Delete with Gloss Black Vinyl Wrap)
Window tint
Smoked headlights (to reduce the standout white daytime running lamp that is out of place on a black car). Well, maybe not completely done, have some other ideas for the headlights I'm going to try.
Smoked parking lights
All new front nose/fascia (no more duck bill or puffy lips, sportier lower portion styling)
Carbon Fiber rear spoiler
New brake calipers (painted red)
Digital License Plate

All new white genuine leather interior seats
Alcantara headliner and door panel inserts
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel
Carbon Fiber Dash Panel
Custom Sound System with all new speakers, amp and woofer
All-Weather Interior Floor/Trunk Mats.
Looks awesome. Who did your sound system? Reus?

justaute

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Again, the new fascia looks fantastic. In regard to efficiency gain, UP posted the below comment on its instagram.

"the front lip we’ve made is a pure range gain item. This is a foundational item and we are making additional parts to add on to this fascia in the future. It has a long life ahead of it. As it currently stands, without the future add-on options, the focus is pure design (no range gain) but we’ve also CFD tested it to ensure that there will be no adverse range loss concerns from those that want the Ascension look."

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Definitely add aluminum pedals to complete it.

How was the sound system install? I'm curious to see the installation.
These fit perfect, just installed last weekend to replace my oversized generic set I got last year.

kizamebute'

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Made a change. When people ask if I got a new car, I just tell them "No, I just put air in it and blew it up" :)

Decided I wanted the comfort of the Model S again, so picked up a new Raven last week. Loving it so far. Of course had to add a few touches to it. Apparently I like blacked out black cars. I did at least leave a little bit of chrome on this one to break it up versus the Model 3 being black on black on black on black.....

This one is a leased car, so didn't want to go nuts with cost and decided to tackle most of the work myself.
On this one, added the wheels. $1,900, wheels, tires, TPSM and road hazard warranty included.
Chrome deleted the chrome around the windows, mirrors, below the door, door handles and rear applique. About $60 in materials.
Tinted the windows (20% rear, 35% driver & passenger door) - $280
Knock off factory matching carbon fiber spoiler $175

Obviously the biggest savings were in the wheels and chrome delete. Seen others sell wheel/tire packages in excess of $4,000 on the cheap side. Was getting quotes for chrome delete in the $1,800 to $2,000 range!! Took it on myself for $60 in materials.
Some places are charging $1,000 or more for a spoiler. This one looks identical to the factory Tesla spoiler for $175

All easily removable for when the lease ends in 3 years. In the meantime, will enjoy the sportier look and not feel so bad that it all has to come off before turning it back in and that I got this look for under $2,500 instead of over $9,000 if I had gone through typical Tesla modification channels.

lrsideup2z-jpg.28660

side-jpg.28659

rear-jpg.28661

lrz-jpg.28662

lfz-jpg.28663

frontupz-jpg.28664

What it looked like last week. Subtle simple changes that can be easily removed........

newlf-jpg.28667

newlr-jpg.28668

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR COMPARISON - FOUND THIS CAR WITH A QUOTED PRICE OF OVER $7,000 FOR THESE WHEELS/TIRES (SIMILAR LOOK). GIVEN, THE $5,500 WHEELS ARE MUCH LIGHTER THAN THE ONES I GOT, BUT MINE DO STILL WEIGH LESS THAN THE STOCK WHEELS, SO STILL ENDED UP AT NET WEIGHT REDUCTION.

$2,100 FOR THE CHROME DELETE SHOWN BELOW. MINE IS THE VVIVID VINYL VERSUS THEIRS BEING 3M. VVIVID APPARENTLY IS THE SECOND BEST WRAP AVAILABLE.

$1,800. FOR THE WINDOW TINT (MINE ISN'T "3M" BRAND NAME TINT, BUT STILL HAS A LIFE TIME WARRANTY)

THIS ONE DOESN'T HAVE A SPOILER. THEY OFFER ON FOR $1,000. TESLA APPARENTLY DOESN'T SELL SPOILERS ON THEIR SITE ANYMORE. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY WHEN THEY DID, THEY WERE $500. - EDIT - CORRECTION: JUST FOUND AN OLD LINK THAT STILL SEEMS TO BE GOOD AND ALLOWS ME TO ADD A SPOILER FROM TESLA'S WEBSITE FOR A WHOPPING $1,500.

THE CAR BELOW LOOKS AMAZING, BUT FOR MINE BEING A LEASED CAR, I PERSONALLY COULDN'T JUSTIFY SPENDING THAT MUCH, CONSIDERING IT ALL HAS TO COME OFF AT LEASE END. SPENT ABOUT 6 HOURS OF ELBOW GREASE ON DOING THE WRAP MYSELF. NOT BAD FOR SAVING OVER $8,000 AND ENDING UP WITH A SIMILAR LOOK. ANYWAY, JUST WANTED TO SHARE FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN A LESS COSTLY OPTION.

I DID A FULL WRITE UP ON THE TESLA MODEL 3 FORUM FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE DETAILS OF WHAT I DID. https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/do-it-yourself-chrome-delete

10-000-look-jpg.28669

Last edited:

mnsweeps

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a CA license plate wrap on the front which looks awesome ...and its DMV and CHP approved.. Thanks for reference though kizamebute.