Modifications complete - A bunch of them...

kizamebute'

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got the car washed and got some better photos. Unfortunately, still a cloudy day.

Lowered 1 inch (These things sit way too high for my liking). With the short front nose on the M3, no issues with scraping the nose, even lowered.
20" Staggered Gloss Black Wheels (20" x 8.5", 35mm offset - Front / 20" x 10", 40 MM offset - Rear)
Blacked out (Chrome Delete with Gloss Black Vinyl Wrap)
Window tint
Smoked headlights (to reduce the standout white daytime running lamp that is out of place on a black car). Well, maybe not completely done, have some other ideas for the headlights I'm going to try.
Smoked parking lights
All new front nose/fascia (no more duck bill or puffy lips, sportier lower portion styling)
Carbon Fiber rear spoiler
New brake calipers (painted red)
Digital License Plate

All new white genuine leather interior seats
Alcantara headliner and door panel inserts
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel
Carbon Fiber Dash Panel
Custom Sound System with all new speakers, amp and woofer
All-Weather Interior Floor/Trunk Mats.

Other than interior seats, which wouldn't be practical to change back again, everything else is easily reversible back to stock. At this point, I'm finished with it. Will just enjoy it now, at least until a refreshed Model S comes out!

Certainly won't be to everyone's liking of course, but for my personal tastes, I love it. Always liked the side and rear view of the Model 3, but was never a fan of the front and it never grew on me. So this works for me. Haven't yet determined if there's any hit to efficiency with the new nose. Will keep track and update when I get some numbers. With over 300 miles in range on the Model 3, not too concerned if I sacrificed a little range to get the look I wanted. No different than people sacrificing range to get AWD or a Performance Model. Wheels are modeled after the Model S, so they had aero in mind when designing them, but likely lost some range due to the added size of them. Probably gained some range by lowering the car. Nose/Fascia probably a wash, less wind resistance with no duck bill, but probably more with the more aggressive lower styling.

Apparently if you mention the name of the company, the moderator moves your post to the "sponsor" section. So left all that info out. If you have any questions on any of the details, feel free to private message me.

1553368506992-png.23748

Attachments

Last edited:

VoltageDrop

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Beautiful 3! No one will see or hear you coming in the dark.....(well only if you have the radio off).......If you haven't named that beast yet....how about "Stealth Fighter"...

Mysta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got the car washed and got some better photos. Unfortunately, still a cloudy day.

Lowered 1 inch (These things sit way too high for my liking). With the short front nose on the M3, no issues with scraping the nose, even lowered.
20" Staggered Gloss Black Wheels (20" x 8.5", 35mm offset - Front / 20" x 10", 40 MM offset - Rear)
Blacked out (Chrome Delete with Gloss Black Vinyl Wrap)
Window tint
Smoked headlights (to reduce the standout white daytime running lamp that is out of place on a black car). Well, maybe not completely done, have some other ideas for the headlights I'm going to try.
Smoked parking lights
All new front nose/fascia (no more duck bill or puffy lips, sportier lower portion styling)
Carbon Fiber rear spoiler
New brake calipers (painted red)
Digital License Plate

All new white genuine leather interior seats
Alcantara headliner and door panel inserts
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel
Carbon Fiber Dash Panel
Custom Sound System with all new speakers, amp and woofer
All-Weather Interior Floor/Trunk Mats.

Other than interior seats, which wouldn't be practical to change back again, everything else is easily reversible back to stock. At this point, I'm finished with it. Will just enjoy it now, at least until a refreshed Model S comes out!

Certainly won't be to everyone's liking of course, but for my personal tastes, I love it. Always liked the side and rear view of the Model 3, but was never a fan of the front and it never grew on me. So this works for me. Haven't yet determined if there's any hit to efficiency with the new nose. Will keep track and update when I get some numbers. With over 300 miles in range on the Model 3, not too concerned if I sacrificed a little range to get the look I wanted. No different than people sacrificing range to get AWD or a Performance Model. Wheels are modeled after the Model S, so they had aero in mind when designing them, but likely lost some range due to the added size of them. Probably gained some range by lowering the car. Nose/Fascia probably a wash, less wind resistance with no duck bill, but probably more with the more aggressive lower styling.

Apparently if you mention the name of the company, the moderator moves your post to the "sponsor" section. So left all that info out. If you have any questions on any of the details, feel free to private message me.

View attachment 23748
Should've posted a before shot, lol.

Last edited:

Mysta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also, thought the unplugged was supposed to be more efficient? or is that something they've yet to release?

kizamebute'

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Should've posted a before shot, lol.
Pretty much, a photo of any Black Model 3 as delivered by Tesla would serve as a good "before shot" :) Do have this one though....

img_20190321_141549-jpg.23848

Closest before and after of the same car I can provide, at least for the nose / fascia change anyway.

1553486191689-png.23849

Last edited:

kizamebute'

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also, thought the unplugged was supposed to be more efficient? or is that something they've yet to release?
In my other post, that the moderator moved to the "sponsored" section, apparently because I mentioned the company name??, I followed up that I completed a 90 mile round trip last night that appears to reflect the car is more efficient now than prior to the fascia change. It was only a sample of one, but a good sign. Check out that post for the details.

Mysta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Always thought the TSportline wheels were basically recolors but just noticed the turbines are 'backwards' vs stock.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you're gonna name one of our sponsors please give them a link to their subforum so people can see their offerings. Our sponsors have their own sub-forum to promote their products and post their pictures so it makes perfect sense to keep related posts together. Please remember we're all trying very hard to keep things organized on this forum so it doesn't become a mess. We ask our members to try and do the same and allow the mods to do their job.

Thanks

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Performance model, or NON P?
Seems to be a RWD LR with multiple thousands $$$ spent on a "Performance Appearance Package" with some carbon goodies.

Might as well go all in and add the Performance Pedals, Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Door Sills (RPM), and console wrap/overlay..... OR could have just started with a P3D for the money IMO. ;)

Mysta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seems to be a RWD LR with multiple thousands $$$ spent on a "Performance Appearance Package" with some carbon goodies.

Might as well go all in and add the Performance Pedals, Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Door Sills (RPM), and console wrap/overlay..... OR could have just started with a P3D for the money IMO. ;)
Eh, it's their car, and certainly none like it.