Model3Tracker.info

Paul Carter

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I've updated the new config pop with the corrected paint
Shocked at the volume on the aero wheels. That means the car is exceeding people's budget expectations and that's where they had to cut off options.
I think those selections were made before the final announcement about what the "standard" wheel would be. When I made my selection, it was based solely on the Tesla trend of making bigger wheels (better performance but shorter life and harsher ride) the premium; had nothing to do with aesthetics.

Now, I've kept the standard wheel option because I still want the ride/tire life benefits and am hoping the covers come off or will grow on me (like the idea of using them in winter to protect from snow and salt).
Yes, I'll start keeping an eye on this to see if a trend develops that people upgrade to the 19" Sport as a result.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've updated the new config pop with the corrected paint

Yes, I'll start keeping an eye on this to see if a trend develops that people upgrade to the 19" Sport as a result.
Awesome work with the site! I just updated mine.

Vistan

Country
Country
Paul: How do you delete an entry? Your database shows me with two reservations, one made on 3/31/16 (correct), and a second made on 3/31/17 (NOT correct).

Paul Carter

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Paul: How do you delete an entry? Your database shows me with two reservations, one made on 3/31/16 (correct), and a second made on 3/31/17 (NOT correct).
If you put in a comment on that record last night that the entry was in error I already saw that and removed that one.

If not PM me with your email and the tracking id and I'll take care of it.

Paul Carter

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Note: I've updated the forum signature line tag as well. FYI: LRB = Long Range Battery. SB = Standard Battery.

You can generate a tag by clicking on "My 3 Tag" in the TIP of the Configuration (Section 3 of 5) while viewing your record details.

Juergen

Country
Country
New Release: Estimated Pricing Beta

Estimate Pricing Beta Feature: Options now show an estimated pricing model.

This is only speculation and provides a guesstimate only. In most cases, this will exclude all taxes and fees, unless otherwise noted.

For the beta, the following countries will also have an estimated configuration total.
  • Canada
  • United States
  • Germany
  • Australia (with NSW estimated tax included price)
  • Norway
Note: The exchange rates used are currently based a Tesla Model S as of January 15, 2017.

Examples:
  • Euros conversion for a Model S stands around 0.96 and options around 0.94
  • Canada conversion for a Model S stands around 1.2 and options around 1.35
  • Norway conversion for a Model S stands around 8.8 and options around 8.2-8.5
  • UK conversion for a Model S stands around 0.96 and options around 0.93 to 0.95
  • Australia NSW for a Model S stands around 1.75 and options around 2.05 - 2.1 (AWD @ 1.6)
You can now also optionally enter your Model 3 budget for your configuration or provide your maximum budget.

(Note: updated exchange rates at 5pm due to incorrect USD base battery pricing used.
Hello! I configured my Model 3 with my preferred options, but I can’t see any prices?
Where is my mistake?

Juergen

Country
Country
For the beta, the following countries will also have an estimated configuration total.
  • Canada
  • United States
  • Germany
  • Australia (with NSW estimated tax included price)
  • Norway
Note: The exchange rates used are currently based a Tesla Model S as of January 15, 2017.
I was reading this so, that’s Paul converted the US prices to the local currency. I saw also prices in CDN $. For Canada they don’t have prices for now.

dbemis

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The map was bugging me (poor Michigan being simplified into a single blob!)

I whipped up a version with Leaflet that seems to respond quite a bit better, uses real maps (openstreetmap), and has toggle-able layers for the status types

upload_2017-10-23_13-34-42-png.3865

I wasn't sure what you used for all of your statuses so I just added a handful of them
upload_2017-10-23_13-35-2-png.3866

This example uses the exact data object the current map outputs. The code could use a little clean up, but it is pretty straightforward.

Edit: I stripped out most of the data, but here is the working example:
https (colon) jsfiddle (dot) net (slash) ok5kef2j
(sorry - new member so it blocks me from adding the direct link)

Last edited:

Paul Carter

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I've updated the dashboard a bit. Will monitor to see if we have anything getting stuck in ordered status based on various configs vs. getting into assembly. Please keep the data coming! Been great to see lots of new data this week so far.

Currently watching out for other owners being invited from other states. Seen 1 report, but waiting on validation or more data before updating who has access to the design studio.

model3tracker-info-dashboard-2017-12-08-png.4312

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The map was bugging me (poor Michigan being simplified into a single blob!)

I whipped up a version with Leaflet that seems to respond quite a bit better, uses real maps (openstreetmap), and has toggle-able layers for the status types

View attachment 3865

I wasn't sure what you used for all of your statuses so I just added a handful of them
View attachment 3866

This example uses the exact data object the current map outputs. The code could use a little clean up, but it is pretty straightforward.

Edit: I stripped out most of the data, but here is the working example:
https (colon) jsfiddle (dot) net (slash) ok5kef2j
(sorry - new member so it blocks me from adding the direct link)
Just now saw this and I love it!
I love it that my country (plus Belgium) is one red blob! Lots of reservations here apparently.
And @Michael Russo, if you move your dot from Belgium to SW France it definitely will be easier noticeable.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Just now saw this and I love it!
I love it that my country (plus Belgium) is one red blob! Lots of reservations here apparently.
And @Michael Russo, if you move your dot from Belgium to SW France it definitely will be easier noticeable.
Did that, thanks for tip, @MichelT3 !
Can’t be sure as I can’t zoom enough yet looks like there are two reservations in Pau (64) with mine now... ;)

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've updated the dashboard a bit. Will monitor to see if we have anything getting stuck in ordered status based on various configs vs. getting into assembly. Please keep the data coming! Been great to see lots of new data this week so far.

Currently watching out for other owners being invited from other states. Seen 1 report, but waiting on validation or more data before updating who has access to the design studio.

View attachment 4312
Thanks for all the hard work setting up that database.
It would be nice if there is an easy way to interpret all that raw data.
For example, it would be useful to have the ability to query how many reservations were placed in California by previous owners that self reported to your database. You can use the ratio of self reported orders to total orders to approximate the total number of reservations by California owners. Then you can determine the number of cars Tesla must produce to complete that phase of deliveries.

Reservations by California owners who self reported:
Total self reported reservations on 3/31:
Total reservations reported by Tesla for 3/31:
Ratio of self report to Tesla report:
Approximate reservations by California owners:
Percentage of reservations who are configuring now versus waiting:
Number of cars Tesla must deliver in this phase (California owners):

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is my rough guess so far:

Reservations by US owners who self reported: 800
Total self reported reservations on 3/31: 5054
Total reservations reported by Tesla for 3/31: 134000
Ratio of self report to Tesla report: 3.77%
Approximate reservations by previous US owners: 21220

Percentage of reservations who are configuring now versus waiting: 80% - big guess
Number of cars Tesla must deliver in this phase (US owners): 16976 - also a big guess

This is just the demand side.
On the supply side, I am guessing 2000 deliveries to non-employee/family in December, 5000 in January, and 10000 in February. So it would be Late Feb/March before delivery to non owners.

Of course, better data will get better guesses.

Last edited:

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did that, thanks for tip, @MichelT3 !
Can’t be sure as I can’t zoom enough yet looks like there are two reservations in Pau (64) with mine now... ;)
@Michael Russo on model3tracker.info I can see 2 dots in Pau, one reservation on April 1 and one on October 10 (you).
You seem to live in rather barren country now. Just one more in Tarbes and two in Bordeaux...

As far as I can see the number of Dutch registrations on the site has grown significantly since last time I looked.
Now 146/10,780 => 5,417 of 400.000. I'm impressed!
I don't know if the number of registrations is equally representative for all countries. I don't expect that. So maybe the number for The Netherlands is even in the order of 7,000.

For the whole of France it's just 99 on the site => 3,673. But that will certainly be too low.