Model3 Roadtrip/Meet and Greet

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Cintoman

Country
Country
Weird...I downloaded the app on my phone, and when I tap on the "Model 3" 3 bars on the top left in the app, there's no "Public Tags" item. I have only the following:
Share Location
Request Location
My Map
+ Add Private Group
+ Add a Tag

The main page shows my current location with my name and 0mph.

--Cintoman

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Weird...I downloaded the app on my phone, and when I tap on the "Model 3" 3 bars on the top left in the app, there's no "Public Tags" item. I have only the following:
Share Location
Request Location
My Map
+ Add Private Group
+ Add a Tag

The main page shows my current location with my name and 0mph.

--Cintoman
Click on Add a Tag and add tsla3

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Weird... I've never had to join anything after clicking the Glympse link. I just click the link, and there he is...

Regarding his event dates, I wouldn't put too much stock in them until he confirms them, and does so within 12 hours of the event time. His schedule is incredibly aggressive and optimistic, and I'm actually impressed that he's anywhere near close to sticking to it. He seems pretty intent on getting to NYC for New Years, FWIW.

I do plan to stop by his Boston event in early January, though I am not really interested in placing a bid to drive his Model 3 through rush-hour gridlock on 17th-century horse-paths that were later converted to roads. :)

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Weird... I've never had to join anything after clicking the Glympse link. I just click the link, and there he is...

Regarding his event dates, I wouldn't put too much stock in them until he confirms them, and does so within 12 hours of the event time. His schedule is incredibly aggressive and optimistic, and I'm actually impressed that he's anywhere near close to sticking to it. He seems pretty intent on getting to NYC for New Years, FWIW.

I do plan to stop by his Boston event in early January, though I am not really interested in placing a bid to drive his Model 3 through rush-hour gridlock on 17th-century horse-paths that were later converted to roads. :)
Yeah he’s definitely not going to make the time originally suggested for my area today as he’s still in Baton Rouge, so I’ll keep watching it. The super charger he’s planning to stop at near me is about 25 minutes away so no big deal to quickly hop over there. If it’s later tonight maybe I can convince my dad to come with his S and we can grab some pictures of them together.

EDIT: just checked Facebook and he updated the event from 11 am today to 8 am tomorrow.

EDIT AGAIN: the Glympse link expired, he’s in Alabama now, but apparently still about a day behind.

Last edited:

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah he’s definitely not going to make the time originally suggested for my area today as he’s still in Baton Rouge, so I’ll keep watching it. The super charger he’s planning to stop at near me is about 25 minutes away so no big deal to quickly hop over there. If it’s later tonight maybe I can convince my dad to come with his S and we can grab some pictures of them together.
Given that he has a pearl white car, it would be wise to bring your dad's Model S if possible, lest you cause another uproar in the Midnight Silver thread. ;)

Looks like he's in Tallahassee now. He was recently overheard debating KFC vs. Popeye's. Don't know what that says about his current state of mind. :D

IIRC he said he expires the Glympse links to preserve his/his hosts' privacy at his final destination for the day. His current link expires in 8 hours, so it sounds like he's still got quite a lot of ground to cover today...

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Given that he has a pearl white car, it would be wise to bring your dad's Model S if possible, lest you cause another uproar in the Midnight Silver thread. ;)

Looks like he's in Tallahassee now. He was recently overheard debating KFC vs. Popeye's. Don't know what that says about his current state of mind. :D

IIRC he said he expires the Glympse links to preserve his/his hosts' privacy at his final destination for the day. His current link expires in 8 hours, so it sounds like he's still got quite a lot of ground to cover today...
He’s a solid 7 hours from me with no stops and I know he’s making a few on the west coast of Florida. My best guess depending upon how long he stays in one place is that he arrives late tonight at the supercharger near me for his planned stop (11 pm - 12 am range).

We’ll see. I should be able to convince my dad to take a ride. As an aside, I’m not sure he’s ever used a supercharger and I definitely haven’t ever so we could take care of that as well. The real shame of course would be that it’ll be my second time seeing the white on Model 3 at night.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

I’m signed up to test drive, but I’m only attending if he happens to get to Boston at a time that I can manage to be there (not during work hours for example). I hope to meet you.

I also hope he does NOT actually go to the Boston Supercharger with its $20/hr parking fee in the Prudential.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m signed up to test drive, but I’m only attending if he happens to get to Boston at a time that I can manage to be there (not during work hours for example). I hope to meet you.

I also hope he does NOT actually go to the Boston Supercharger with its $20/hr parking fee in the Prudential.
Nice, I guess I'll see you there if we can both make it!

I agree that it would be better for him to pick a different spot for a variety of reasons. I've considered reaching out to him on FB to let him know of the various pitfalls of choosing the Pru location, since he has previously polled flowers about changing an upcoming stop location.

Only issue might be that changing the location from somewhere downtown might be less convenient for people who work in the city, if he's still planning to be there at 8am. And if he very likely will need supercharging at the location.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation

@JWardell,

I don’t have Facebook.....wife does. However I see he wants RSVPs to test drive. You mentioned you signed up. Where exactly do we do that. He says online but where....a separate site or on his Facebook page?

Ski

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

GTV6

Country
Country
Nice, I guess I'll see you there if we can both make it!

I agree that it would be better for him to pick a different spot for a variety of reasons. I've considered reaching out to him on FB to let him know of the various pitfalls of choosing the Pru location, since he has previously polled flowers about changing an upcoming stop location.

Only issue might be that changing the location from somewhere downtown might be less convenient for people who work in the city, if he's still planning to be there at 8am. And if he very likely will need supercharging at the location.
I'm hoping to come in to the Boston event from 75 miles west. NOT downtown would be great, but obviously no site will work best for all. I signed up for a drive with him, but attendance depends on when and where. Doesn't seem anyway possible he'll make his original estimate, understandably.