Model Y's timeframe for announcement

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy
With the Model 3 about a year away from delivery, I was wondering when we'll start getting some information about the Model Y. Do you think it will be similar in timing of the X to the S? Could the first announcement come with the Model 3 part 3. I personally think not, Tesla not wanting to take away from the M3. I'm guessing in the Spring of 2018. After about 6 months of deliveries on the Model 3. Maybe delivery of the Model Y in 2019?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It was reported some time ago they were working on Y at the same time as Model 3 however it's been slated for introduction a bit later. My guess is shortly after Model 3 goes into production. Elon said it best during the last financials call: why would they try and sell something else they can't even produce yet. That's why they've been very quiet about Model 3 since the first reveal. They didn't expect to get this many reservations so they had to move production ramp up by 2 years so why make it worse by introducing a variant until the first one it out.

At least that's what I'd be doing if I was involved. I know there's pent up demand in the US for a CUV variant but Tesla has limited resources and they have to stay focussed on Model 3.

Steve C

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I'm thinking they will do a model Y reveal sometime between the part 3 of the model 3 and delivery of the model 3.

Soooooo.... maybe in July/August next year.

Just an absolute guess ;)

He did mention that he would be revealing the pickup and semi next year so that would move the model Y reveal up a bit.

So much to do in the next 9-12 months! I would also load up on TSLA. An excellent growth period coming and it's cheap.

Reactions: 2 people

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I would also load up on TSLA. An excellent growth period coming and it's cheap.
So... did you? Are you just talking, or did you buy some TSLA?

I finally bought some a few months ago after the Model 3 reveal. Even if they miss their production ramp-up goals, I think they'll eventually get there. At that point, they are a major auto manufacturer with a very desirable product lineup, and I think the stock makes a large jump.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S

I finally bought some a few months ago after the Model 3 reveal. Even if they miss their production ramp-up goals, I think they'll eventually get there. At that point, they are a major auto manufacturer with a very desirable product lineup, and I think the stock makes a large jump.
@garsh , agree... I wish I could... so... since I don't have any available funds now... by talking so much about T≡SLA in recent months, I was able to induce my rather well off (now retired) German best friend to invest some of his 'play money' into TSLA... that's all I could do to get him to support the brand...! He could buy a Model S P100D & pay it cash if he so wanted... but he's a die hard Daimler fan so for him is the 'EQ'... by Mercedes!! :p

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah, I didn't go crazy. If Tesla goes under, my retirement plans don't change. :cool:

I just feel that they will succeed, and the stock price will eventually reflect that, long term. It's not often that I feel that I have researched a public company to have an opinion on how they will do in the future. Since I feel I do, I decided to put a little cash there. Otherwise, I just invest in index funds.

Reactions: 1 person

Steve C

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country

It's safe to say...... I'm all in.

Reactions: garsh

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah, I didn't go crazy. If Tesla goes under, my retirement plans don't change. :cool:

I just feel that they will succeed, and the stock price will eventually reflect that, long term. It's not often that I feel that I have researched a public company to have an opinion on how they will do in the future. Since I feel I do, I decided to put a little cash there. Otherwise, I just invest in index funds.
Exactly my thoughts. Put in a few thousand €. Commit myself some more.
If it takes a jump the gain will be very nice. If it doesn't, the loss is not so big.

Reactions: Michael Russo