Model Year on MVPA

So i spoke to my ISA and she said that there is a "glitch" sometimes with the purchase agreements but the car is indeed a 2018. She also reassured me that there would be no issues with my bank or with delivery.

Im not sure what i should do. I will probably try to call Tesla directly tomorrow. Any others out there with my issue?

thanks,

bradkeller

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You can take my advice or leave it, but if I were you, I wouldn't make a big deal of it BEFORE you get the car. Take possession, have all the money worked out and get it home. THEN call them back and say you'd like a corrected MVPA.

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Probably a good idea to get it corrected, but note that the model year is encoded in your VIN. The VIN is really what matters for almost any situation. The 10th character should be a J for 2018 or an H for 2017.

Thanks for the info on the VIN. PHEW, My 10th is a "J". Im not too worried, looks to be just a typo. Looks like my loan docs are finalized so there is no issue there. My only issues would have been with the loan and with insurance, but the VIN says it all.

Thanks All.

fxshun8ly

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I received my MVPA today (Wednesday 4:55pm) for the Model 3 with a 2017 year too. My 10th is J as well. Delivery Saturday. Looks like the same person did our contracts. I am using 3rd party financing and still have to sign, get Tesla to countersign, and send back to bank for them to issue check. Bank had indicated earlier that Tesla is making lotsa mistakes in contracts they have recently received.

Did you (OP) try getting it corrected ?

I never got it corrected. I figured that i would bring it up on pick-up day.

My worry was with my credit union since they use the info from the MVPA to draft my loan docs. Everything went though smoothly and picked up my check today. My loan docs say 2018, so they must just enter in the VIN. I even set up my insurance to turn over to the new car on pickup day and i had no issues there too.

fxshun8ly

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Just in case it is helpful to others who encounter this.

I actually contacted my Tesla PoC and was able to have her contact the contracts team and generate a corrected MVPA. I was then able to execute the new MVPA, send it to CU and get the loan funded. All this took half a day.

It still says 50 miles on the odometer on the MVPA. Waiting to see what the actual reading will be.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Glad they got it worked out, but the VIN definitely tells the model year. I wouldn't want incorrect paperwork either though.