Model Y Unveil Event - MEGATHREAD

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

help_balance_thegrid_with_evdotenergy

thredge

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think it's pretty easy to imagine what the tesla pickup truck will look like after seeing how they leveraged the model 3 to design the Y.

Yeah...no. The Tesla pickup is ground up. They might grab some tech from somewhere, but it’s going to be it’s own thing. From everything we know, this thing is probably going to be the most radical looking design so far.

Reactions: 1 person

Tesla Newbie

Newbie No More!
TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
What a post-unveil difference between what we remember with the 3 and what we’re experiencing with the Y. At this point in the Model 3 lifespan, the car was covered by every media outlet from every perspective imaginable with gorgeous professionally-shot images from the unveil. The Model Y coverage is all slightly different versions of the same basic thing with vague details and grainy photos that barely do the car justice. I understand that Tesla is downselling the car so people don’t lose interest in the 3, but I hope that at least they trickle the details and release some decent photos over time. Two years is a long time to wait without a periodic shiny object to hold our attention. My usual caveat ... these guys are smarter at this than I am. I’m sure they have this covered.

Tesla Newbie

Newbie No More!
TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
The 3 is supposed to hold your attention for the time being. ;)
And that it does! We love our 3. The problem is that it reminds us everyday how bored we are with the not-so-ultimate driving machine that the Y will be replacing.

Reactions: 3 people

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.