Model Y teaser image from Tesla

Country
Country
From the teaser pic I gather:
  1. The front fascia will be similar to the Model 3's based on the shape of the headlights
  2. The windshield will be a huge piece of glass like the Model X's
  3. Hints of falcon wing rear doors, judging by the shadows in the roofline
  4. No side view mirrors or windshield wipers

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well we're having serious flooding in South Florida right now. We were stuck at home. I think I just convinced my wife to get the Model Y!

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I want to know more before I start selling that but that is my long term plan. Timing should be about right her current SUV will be 9 yrs old.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Well we're having serious flooding in South Florida right now. We were stuck at home. I think I just convinced my wife to get the Model Y!
I want to know more before I start selling that but that is my long term plan. Timing should be about right her current SUV will be 9 yrs old.
His and hers then? Well done guys! ;)
My wifey will not be swayed away from her 4-Series convertible...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My wifey will not be swayed away from her 4-Series convertible...
Not everybody is ready to live life on the knife's edge.

I tried to talk my wife into getting rid of the minivan & keeping the Leaf when the 3 comes, but she doesn't want to be stuck with a car with limited range. We're probably just going to keep 3 vehicles. That way, she can use the Leaf for short trips, and have the minivan available for longer trips (the 3 is mine :D).

11thIndian

Country
Country
Thank you sir!

During the Q1 Earning call on May3rd, Elon was saying production late 2019, probably 2020. In this week's Shareholders meeting, Elon seemed slightly more optimistic about "hitting the road in 2019". There's a lot of moving parts to getting there, so I'm sure ANY estimate at this point is uncertain- new factory, new platform, new manufacturing techniques....

I do find it interesting though that of all the upcoming vehicles, the ONLY one we don't have an approximate unveiling date for is the Model Y. Presumably it will be before the Pickup in "18-24 months" that Elon said back in May. But again, considering they have to build/convert a new Fremont-style plant for the Model Y, I don't think they're being cagy, I think they're going to have to wait and see. But I wouldn't be surprised if along with the Gigafactory announcements later this year we don't get Elon revealing where the Model Y will be built.