Model Y Squeaks and Rattles

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

Corey

Country
Country
I'd love to get a couple of annoying "noises" fixed on My Y, but my service center/mobile rangers are backed up and the next appointment is almost 3 weeks out. Im curious if any other MY Y owners have experienced the following and were able to figure out a solution:

-Rear seat rattling noice - I've researched online that it may have something to do with the seats rubbing together, or the middle headrest posts that go down and up in the seat. There has not been a reliable fixed mentioned that I could find.
-Wind noise coming from front passenger side. I had a model 3 and never experienced this loud of wind noise. I know its an issue with that side as my driver side is quiet as a mouse. it almost sounds like the window is slightly cracked. that's how bad it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I noticed the wind noise when I test-drove a Model Y. Not sure of the cause.

I have heard of either a rear seat adjustment or replacement to solve that rattling noise, so you'll want to make an appointment for that.

Reactions: 1 person

Corey

Country
Country
I noticed the wind noise when I test-drove a Model Y. Not sure of the cause.

I have heard of either a rear seat adjustment or replacement to solve that rattling noise, so you'll want to make an appointment for that.

Thanks, I have the appointment, just not happening until Aug 11th...UGH! Hoping for someone to offer a DIY

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'd love to get a couple of annoying "noises" fixed on My Y, but my service center/mobile rangers are backed up and the next appointment is almost 3 weeks out. Im curious if any other MY Y owners have experienced the following and were able to figure out a solution:

-Rear seat rattling noice - I've researched online that it may have something to do with the seats rubbing together, or the middle headrest posts that go down and up in the seat. There has not been a reliable fixed mentioned that I could find.
-Wind noise coming from front passenger side. I had a model 3 and never experienced this loud of wind noise. I know its an issue with that side as my driver side is quiet as a mouse. it almost sounds like the window is slightly cracked. that's how bad it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take a passenger with you and have them sit close to the noise and see if they can push or pull something that affects the noise.

I did that with my 3 and passenger located inside the front vent rattled. Mobile service took it apart and was done in 30 mins. Maybe you will get lucky and be able to DIY or find some way to stop it temporarily.

Reactions: 1 person