Model Y price reduction August 2019

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Darrenf

So, Wednesday I placed my order for the Model Y concerned that the price would go up due to Elon talking about the FSD price increase. Instead it went down by $2000. My order still reflects the old price, and it won't let me make a change, only cancel. Guess I'll call my closest store later today and see if they can change it. Also White is now the standard color and black is a $750 option.

Darrenf

So, I’ve been going around and around for the last 45 minutes, on hold for 10 now, since no one can edit, or cancel, or even find my order. They definitely assigned me a reservation number, took $2500 out of my bank account, but can’t find it, and even if they could find it they can’t do anything with it except cancel it. WTF Tesla, this is the established and easy part of this business and you are screwing up royally still years later.

Silvermagic3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My wife wants the Y, but I haven't put our order in yet because after going through the reservation process with the 3 (and that not being any benefit for AWD orders), we're waiting until it comes out. Tesla's pre-order process seems to always be a mess.

Darrenf

My wife wants the Y, but I haven't put our order in yet because after going through the reservation process with the 3 (and that not being any benefit for AWD orders), we're waiting until it comes out. Tesla's pre-order process seems to always be a mess.
It is absolutely a mess but I’m trying to hedge against potential price increases.

I was finally able to cancel my order online. God knows when I’ll get my money back.

MrTofuDragon

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was able to easily edit my existing preorder about an hour ago via the website and and got the new pricing, no problem. A friend of mine said he tried to edit his earlier in the day and couldn't. So it seems they changed the pricing, then did the website code modifications to allow order editing later in the day. <--- which is kind of backwards

DanSz

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
It is absolutely a mess but I’m trying to hedge against potential price increases.

I was finally able to cancel my order online. God knows when I’ll get my money back.
I think you just should have been a little more patient. I changed mine from black to white and the price is $2k lower than previously.

Considering it’s all refundable, even now, there’s no rush to do anything. Production is still over 12 months away. I’m not actually planning on taking delivery until mid-2021, also. They can’t force me to close the sale.

Darrenf

I think you just should have been a little more patient. I changed mine from black to white and the price is $2k lower than previously.

Considering it’s all refundable, even now, there’s no rush to do anything. Production is still over 12 months away. I’m not actually planning on taking delivery until mid-2021, also. They can’t force me to close the sale.
My concern was that the 16th was also the day that Elon specified for an increase in cost of FSD, so I wasn’t going to wait. Hindsight says I was too impatient, information at the time indicates differently.

Olds442

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Either way, by the time you actually take delivery they will be able to adjust the price to the current pricing if that's what you want. You don't get locked in at a higher price. Besides some full self driving Revelation in the next 8 to 9 months the price is only going to go down.

That is just my opinion, and quite possibly, wrong.

But the price for my model 3 went down after I agreed to purchase and gave a deposit, and they made adjustment in the sale price accordingly when I picked up the car.
And honored my higher "trade in" value, which they probably could have gotten away with changing.

ModelYYJ

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Just placed a pre-order today for a Model Y long range RWD in white, up here in Canada, eh :) Now entering the world of waiting for a Tesla reservation...fill me in on the ropes guys :)

jsanford

Eloise the 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
...and then, one day, perhaps sooner than you plan...you’ll log in to your Tesla account and see an invitation to configure.

It‘ll feel like winning a raffle.

Then you wait for a VIN, which means you’re closer to delivery, and it’s like you’re a seven-year-old waiting for that bicycle under the Christmas tree. That wait is awful. Then the delivery is scheduled, and next thing is standing in a showroom looking like you can’t believe the day is here.

It‘s fun, preordering.

StromTrooperM3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
If one thing has been made clear, it's that no matter how much Tesla teases "buy now for the best price", the price will come down over time, sometimes drastically. I'm not fooled by their games any more

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Best of luck to you guys. Lived the wait for 2 years on M3. Then it was due to the tax credit so was worth it. But then again, price dropped after 6 months more than once. May want the Y but just gonna wait till it ships. May have to wait 6 mos.+ but the models will change, price will change and some end of quarter incentive will be my trigger.

Watching from the sidelines. Hope you see it sooner than announced.

Darrenf

If one thing has been made clear, it's that no matter how much Tesla teases "buy now for the best price", the price will come down over time, sometimes drastically. I'm not fooled by their games any more
Odd that you would post this just a week after Tesla raised prices on the Model 3.