Model Y Photos and Sightings

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This gorgeous photo was posted by imgur user Exzacklyright. The image was bleached by the sun so I enhanced the color a bit. He took this and others at the shareholders meeting, where red versions of all the revealed-but-not-released models were on display.

ec925a2f-20b6-40e9-b3c3-3ef384a4d009-jpeg.26959

Here’s a link to all his pics:

Nom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Gotta say, I think it is better looking than the model X, which I've never been a big fan of. I'm having a hard time convincing my wife that this should be her next car .... I'm hoping a slow and steady reminders, plus some subliminal messages (not sure how I'll do that), will help over the course of the next year!

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really like the look of the red Y with dark wheels I posted up there and would like to replicate it when the time comes. Can someone tell me if those wheels are powder-coated factory 19’s, or something else. Thanks.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really like the look of the red Y with dark wheels I posted up there and would like to replicate it when the time comes. Can someone tell me if those wheels are powder-coated factory 19’s, or something else. Thanks.
those are the same wheels (20s) that were on the cars on display at the Model Y event in march. will have to wait and see what they actually release the car with.

tvu

Country
Country
I think Model S and Model X front fascia look much better than the 3 and Y.

Not a big fan of the front end of 3 and Y.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is the production car actually going to have black trim, or will it be chrome like the Model 3? This directly influences which color I'm going to get.

Interesting to see trim pieces around the wheel wells, too.

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is the production car actually going to have black trim, or will it be chrome like the Model 3? This directly influences which color I'm going to get.

With the caveat that things could change before launch, all indications in play today point to the lack of chrome. Many of us posting here made color choices assuming that to be the case.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

if it is critical to you, probably best to wait and see what we see next year when RCs start to be seen - but even then, things will change between those test cars and the production cars - remember when the aero (under the covers) wheels were silver instead of dark?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I managed to grab this screenshot from Twitter before the post was suddenly gone (deleted? removed? I don't know how to twitter and it's still there?)
modely-png.29912

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is that a Y under the cover? Roofline looks awfully high vs the Tesla SC in background. Trevors pictures show a lower roofline.

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is that a Y under the cover? Roofline looks awfully high vs the Tesla SC in background. Trevors pictures show a lower roofline.
That's a poorly-fitting cover. There's a lot of empty space between the cover and the rear hatch. The nose design is clearly Model Y.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's a poorly-fitting cover. There's a lot of empty space between the cover and the rear hatch. The nose design is clearly Model Y.
I was hoping the Y was much taller than than the 3. In its present form they are hard to tell apart.

Wife wants somethimg between a 3 and X in size. Like classic mid size SUV. Toyota RAV4 or Lexus NX/RX line.