Question model x wheel size

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVcharge

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I was at the Tesla website to configure a Model X and it seems that there isn't an option below 20".

Are any Tesla Model X owners running 17" or 18" tires?
Is there an option in store to order such combination?

I would never get 22" but even 20" would get bent by a pothole or curb. The wheels are expensive from my research and I can safely assume from my own non-Tesla tire purchases that prices go up as you get lower profile tires.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
As far as I know, 20” wheels are the smallest that Tesla has ever offered on Model X. I haven’t had any problem with damaging wheels from potholes, which are plentiful where I live. They are not low profile at all. Yes, the 20” OEM tires are pricey (as I’m coming up on replacing mine and have begun to think about it), but some of the price for the OEM tires is the road-quieting feature that they have. Tire Rack shows a number of less expensive options in the same size.

blove

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Smaller wheels aren't going to clear the brake rotors on the vehicle. 20's are as small as it gets. I don't think anything smaller would look good anyway.