Model S Owners experience

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
With time, more & more Model S owners start sharing their experience with their car... Thought I would open a new thread to capture those reports, with all positive aspects ... as well as areas for improvements...
here is one from Electric Jen at Teslarati:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
And here is another cool one, courtesy of Evannex... Boy, I can't wait to be writing my own, after my first year with my Midnight S≡R≡NITY!! ;)

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Or you can just follow my posts in my blog...

Two weeks after Model S pickup...

One year and 25,000 miles of Model S ownership...

Two years later I was busy with helping expand the West Coast Electric Highway, so I didn't post about the Model S, but did write about EV ownership in February 2015, 2 years and 4 months since we picked up the S, but four years since we went electric.

Three years of Model S ownership was just last month and I did write a post about it.

So, if you're interested in Tesla ownership experience, ask, or read my blog, as a bonus, we also write about Roadster experiences there (as a second, CPO owner.).

Now, if you are persuaded and decide to take delivery of an S or X now, save $1k USD, £750 GBP, or whatever the program is in your jurisdiction. [referral code removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Very interesting feedback - with EU perspective - from Dutch Model S owner (P85) after 3 years & 129k kms...
Key takeaways:
- 73% charged @ home with avg. cost <€0.03/km (free SC of course)
- NO service costs except for tires replacement (he did not mention brand... :p)
- reserved 2 Model ≡'s & looking forward to Autopilot...
Clearly not going back to ICE! ;)
https://steinbuch.wordpress.com/2016/12/28/my-personal-review-of-tesla-2016/

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Wow. Sh... happens, I guess. Weird thing is his electric skateboard was malfunctioning the day before because of a loose wire... o_O
Trust we'll hear 'bout what happens next... since this is a daily blog (of 'vlog' as he calls it...). Keeping our fingers crossed for James... :)

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
James is cool, been watching his videos for a long time. It did miff me a bit that he was talking about selling the Model S though. If you've not seen his older stuff he bought TSLA stock early on and made enough to buy a Model S but he seems to have strapped himself in the process and can't afford any maintenance on it. It's a luxury car with a luxury price tag on it so naturally its expensive to fix the wear and tear that happens. It's why you don't buy a used Jaguar instead of a Hyundai as the repairs are nuts.

Last edited:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
How about a little gender diversity, straight from the Netherlands, since Model S owners' feedback tends to come mainly from middle-aged men... ;)