Model S just got faster ... good for Model 3!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Electrek is reporting that Model S 75 just picked up 1 second on 0-60, which I surmise is very good for Model 3. I think Model 3 came in so quick they had to make Model S faster to keep separation.

https://electrek.co/2017/07/01/tesla-new-performance-enhancements-model-s-model-x/
Well done on beating the bot, @SoFlaModel3 ! :D
On the substance, those are substantial gains, with actually very little extra acceleration power for the MS 100D vs. the 75 kWh battery version (of course, the main selling feature of the former remains its extended range of 335 miles, on the ETA cycle!)

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
no model 3 will be faster than entry level model s.
seems to be the clear message here
I disagree there. I would anticipate a ludicrous Model 3 to be faster than a base Model S.

Think BMW M3 and BMW base 7 series.

The need for separation is at the regular trim levels for Model 3.

Jean Théoret

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I'm am very curious to see where the Model 3 75 comes in.

My initial sense was that I didn't need it because I don't need the added range, but I'm getting it because I want the car asap.
Apart of paying moore for the 75Kw/h, I suppose, at the end of the day, you'll enjoy having the 75Kw/h bat. pack.:)

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That was too subtle, @MelindaV. It took two readings before I noticed the underlines. ;)

It is no longer possible to order a new Model S "P" that does NOT have ludicrous.

EDIT: the latest updates to the non-performance 100D have it reaching 0-60 in 4.2s. Pretty neat that a new 100D is just about as quick as an old P100D.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That was too subtle, @MelindaV. It took two readings before I noticed the underlines. ;)

It is no longer possible to order a new Model S "P" that does NOT have ludicrous.

EDIT: the latest updates to the non-performance 100D have it reaching 0-60 in 4.2s. Pretty neat that a new 100D is just about as quick as an old P100D.
oh- you are right... the 4.1 second is the 100D, not P100D.

samson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If Model S 75D after the new update does 0 - 60 in 4.2s

I would imagine smaller / lighter Model 3 75D would be better or equal to 4.2s or atleast less than 4.6s

and the Model 3 P75DL around 2.8s - 3.2s

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If Model S 75D after the new update does 0 - 60 in 4.2s

I would imagine smaller / lighter Model 3 75D would be better or equal to 4.2s or atleast less than 4.6s

and the Model 3 P75DL around 2.8s - 3.2s
Model 3 may be heavier than Model S. We don't know the ratio of aluminum to steel at this point.

samson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Model 3 may be heavier than Model S. We don't know the ratio of aluminum to steel at this point.
True, But I think that the sheer volume of Model S would outweigh less steel usage% in model 3.

we hopefully would know in a week, finger crossed.

Last edited:

swampgator

Country
Country
Fellow Floridian, you're killing me dude.
Model 3 will weigh about 20% less than Model S per Elon Musk. I've gone over this in detail over at TMC.
The Model 3 will have similar weight to it's competitive target, BMW 3 series. That means a 75D should weigh roughly 3750 pounds (80% of MS 75D) and a base model 60 around 3500 pounds.